Just Another Coincidence?

[quote]UNITED NATIONS (AP) – Sudan’s foreign minister pledged Thursday to allow more African troops and police to help end the conflict in Darfur, responding to international demands for quick action to protect civilians.

Mustafa Osman Ismail told reporters after addressing a closed-door meeting of the Security Council that he discussed the issue of an expanded African Union force in Darfur with African Union officials “just a few days ago.”

His comments came after the Security Council approved a resolution authorizing a beefed-up African force with a broader mandate and a call Thursday by U.N. Human Rights Commissioner Louise Arbour for international police to work in tadem with Sudanese police whom she described as ineffective. [/quote]

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ … CTION=HOME

Strange isn’t it? Yet another conflict that has been boiling for 20 to 30 years without stop has suddenly taken a turn for the better and it is happening not under Jimmy Carter’s presidency but Bush’s. What is going on? First Libya backs down, then Syria and now Sudan. What do you suppose is causing this? When I read my horoscope today I realize that Mars was in conjunction with Chiron and my rising star sign and those of Bush mean that he will be very lucky this year and that nothing that happens will in any way be based on his policies. Rather they represent the fruition of American policies set in motion more than 30 years ago under the Carter administration. See the Libyans, Syrians and Sudanese just cannot read too well so it took them this long to realize what all these endless negotiations and policy directives were supposed to mean all these many decades. Right?

Yet again you are confusing your Sudanese conflicts (do you do this on purpose? Go on be honest…). The Darfur conflict has not been going on for 30 years. That is the North vs. South conflict. And the negotiations for this conflict were, I believe, well on their way long before the invasion of Iraq. As to the Darfur conflict, I need to check but I think the Sudanese government started doing brutal things around the same time as the Iraq invasion, and have most certainly continued to do so since. Is there a link with Iraq. I very much doubt it, but if there is you probably don’t want to trumpet it too much Fred. To be frank, you made a very silly post. :notworthy:

Iraq invasion 20 March 2003.
Current conflcit in Darfur timeline, also begins March 2003 http://www.un.org/News/dh/dev/scripts/darfur_formatted.htm

coincidence Fred? I’m betting for ‘just coincidence’.

Butt (intentional) BB:

The Sudanese government has been using the same methods (ethnic cleansing for 20 to 30 years) so it is part of the same modus operandi and is therefore relevant. It is also relevant that as usual a dastardly government is only doing something about this because the US is serious about sticking its boot up someone’s ass.

FS:

A truly pathetic response. Why don’t you just admit that you felt like having a ‘my isn’t the world lucky to have ‘W’, shame the position of God is already taken’ rant?

respectfuly

mystic bb

Fine. Delete the 20 to 30 years and then just leave it as well Sudan is doing something and why is it that they are doing something when they waited 20 to 30 years not to do anything about the conflict in the South. Would that satisfy you. Gosh I feel so bested that I may have to stop posting today. Between you and Rooftop, my ass has just been handed to me in a sling again I guess. That or I don’t have a f***ing clue what the two of you are on about. Is this one of those Candid Camera tricks where you talk nonsense and see how many people agree with you and then turn the cameras and “tables” on them? oh haha I guess you got me there. Darn it you funsters you.

Shame on you Fred, and it has taken you almost 2 years and some 5000 posts to realise this.

Better later than never at all though. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: