Just made myself a couple of breads

It’s been a while since I made myself some breads, actually since I closed the eatery … I finally came to it today … was so tired of eating the crap that’s out there … two nice, good looking and delicious whole wheat breads … the thing is now that I don’t have good cheese, have to go to costco I guess …

Anyways … that’s about it … or … maybe I can make me some nice rack of lamb tonight … perhaps lamb chops will do …

Go to City Super instead. Good bread deserves GOOD cheese. They have some killer aged camembert washed with calvados that should do the trick. Expensive but absolutely worth it.

But that’s in Taipei … and it’s very busy now … :frowning:

Never mind. Plastic cheddar is almost as good. :wink:

Well, tasting the bread I substituded the cheese using Nutella … equally good …

Ewww!!!
Nutella is for kids…
It seems like it’s nearly impossible to find good cheese outside of europe, even dificult in the uk…unless you like cheddar that is, which I don’t…
And where can you buy unsmoked bacon in this country? sorry for trying to hijack your bread thread :stuck_out_tongue:
Going to try and bake some swedish lingonberry bread here over the holidays in my little oven, found some mixture at ikea that will hopefully work out nicely :slight_smile:

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Ewww!!!
Nutella is for kids…
[/quote]

Who told you that? … Now Wellcome has the real stuff, made in Italy … not the soso Nutella from Aussie country …

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Ewww!!!
Nutella is for kids…[/quote]

I guess I’m a kid at heart then, cuz I like Nutella.

Glad to see that Belgian Pie is back baking bread.

[quote=“fee”][quote=“TheLostSwede”]Ewww!!!
Nutella is for kids…[/quote]

I guess I’m a kid at heart then, cuz I like Nutella.

Glad to see that Belgian Pie is back baking bread.[/quote]

Uh, yeah … but sorry to pop your balloon … for own use only … my oven is too small … :smiley: anyways, I still have my bakery machines and ovens … so … maybe if I find interested people …

Do you make rye bread?
or something with sourdough?
I’m not familiar with belgian bread so…

Did and made most of it … sourdough, rye, sweet-corn bread … Traditional Belgian breads are some of the best … not the industrial mixes bakers use nowadays to save time …

Have a look at some pics of breads I made …

for someone who lived in UK you’re pretty ignorant,i can’t even begin to list some of my fav brit cheeses as my keyboard don’t like drool…
bishop kennedy ,go-on…have a drink…

and even when it comes to cheddar,if you had the proper stuff,you wouldn’t slag it off,not that crap that they use for cheezy chips

I’ve seen Brittish cheeses only on TV and can’t wait to try them … saw some artisan Australian ones and from Vermont (US) … want to fly there and try them …

Damn, you’re a pro man!
Can’t say I’m that good, by hey, I only bake for my own needs so…
I guess the problem is that I don’t like cheese that I can slice with a cheese slicer…
I like really thin slices of cheese, scandinavian style, not some grated stuff or crumbly bits on my sandwich…
Anyhow, going to have a try in my mini over this coming week…