Just spent 66,000 on a new computer - Which graphic card?

Damn, that’s the same price of my Dream TV satellite system… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Chicken”]Na. Its not worth it aside from bragging rights.

Bandwidth is more important and they are both the same.
.[/quote]

I always wondered why my lad has an 12MB ADSL connection whilst I’m stuck on 8M.

hey mordeth, ur comp is waaay too over priced… go get bf2 and try to play me

bf2s.com/player/%20%0948462464/
hope u have a good time trying to earn the badges i have :wink:

[quote=“cyborg_ninja”]hey mordeth, your comp is waaay too over priced… go get bf2 and try to play me

hope you have a good time trying to earn the badges I have :wink:[/quote]

I’ve done a lot of checking on the prices…I’m paying the norm or better than for everything. I’m very satisfied.

u can get the top of the line AMD proccesors, but u may have to ask the shop keepers to order them from the US first

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”]hey mordeth, your comp is waaay too over priced… go get bf2 and try to play me

hope you have a good time trying to earn the badges I have :wink:[/quote]

I’ve done a lot of checking on the prices…I’m paying the norm or better than for everything. I’m very satisfied.[/quote]

can u list out how much each component cost? btw the price on the 3800+ will drop down about 2000 nt in 3 months

well ur vid card for one is 100% too pricey,got my sparkle 7800 gtx for only 17000nt, even when they say “factory overclocked!” u can still overclock it urself using a program called coolbits, see their clock speed, and then match it when ur overclocking

Ahh, yes. Sparkle…doesn’t have the same ring as ASUS does it?

Sorry, if I sound a bit sarcastic, but when someone says they are satisified with their purchase and someone else tries in vain to make them regret it…some alarm bells go off in my head…oddly enough they sound like “assholeassholeasshole” But I might be hearing them wrong :wink: .

The Asus board comes overclocked yes…it also comes with a state of the art silent fan and other advanced features to handle the overclocking. The fan is so silent that even with the box side open you can’t hear it (I’m quoting a review).

I’ve read so many reviews saying that the Asus card is the best 7800 you can buy…that I don’t mind spending a few extra thousand for it.

Well, I finally got the computer. I took it home and started it up and found plenty of problems…so I took it back. The manager reinstalled everything and the second time around it’s fine. I forgot to bring back the sound cards CD so he didn’t install it’s software, but he did do it’s drivers and control panel.

So, when I got home I put in the rest of Creative’s stuff and the computer went to shit again. So I uninstalled it…and it’s fine again. Guess I have to wait a couple of months before I try downloading their updated software.

I’m having fun playing games on 1600 by 1200 resolution…really makes a difference. And the sound card does make a noticeable difference. If you use your computers audio for anything…then I suggest you try the X-Fi card out…I think it’s not compatible with my CPU which is dual core…so with other systems it should be fine.

Try getting new and drifferent drivers again. Also try putting the card in a diffreent slot. Also maby update windows and Mobo drivers. And get more better memory, that helps.

It could also be a conflict with the built in sound card from the MoBo. Try dissabling it as much as you can.

So I went and bought me a new computer too. Mine was so old it weren’t funny. (It will be for sale soon! great computer realy)

Here is what I got:
Amd X2 4200+ (maby should have gone for the 4400+ with more cash :s but oh well)
Gigabyte K8N-SLi MoBo
2 Gig Kingston PC400 ram (cheep I know)
Asus En6800Gt vidio card
Cool case! Gigabyte Arora
2x 250gig Hytachi Sata II Hard drives in RAID 0
Sony DVD combo burner
Hytachi Flopy/card reader combo
Coolmaster X-pro mouse pad
Thermatake Pure Power TWV 500w power
All: 48,000 nt

Plus my old:
Logitec MX laser mouse
CD burner/Dvd player combo
Benq FP91E 19’ monitor

How much was it? The best I can find in Chiayi is the AMD X2 +2800…

[quote=“Chicken”]So I went and bought me a new computer too. Mine was so old it weren’t funny. (It will be for sale soon! great computer realy)

Here is what I got:
Amd X2 4200+ (maby should have gone for the 4400+ with more cash :s but oh well)
Gigabyte K8N-SLi MoBo
2 Gig Kingston PC400 ram (cheep I know)
Asus En6800Gt vidio card
Cool case! Gigabyte Arora
2x 250gig Hytachi Sata II Hard drives in RAID 0
Sony DVD combo burner
Hytachi Flopy/card reader combo
Coolmaster X-pro mouse pad
Thermatake Pure Power TWV 500w power
All: 48,000 nt

Plus my old:
Logitec MX laser mouse
CD burner/Dvd player combo
Benq FP91E 19’ monitor[/quote]

Very nice. I saw a pre-built Gigabyte computer for sale at a 3C shop. It also had the 4200X2 for 44,000nt. But it had no where near your memory.

I think that would be a great buy since it’s prebuilt and guaranteed to be all compatible.

Be sure to check out the issues some people have with Dual core CPUs…there is a windows hotfix…but they won’t give it to you unless you PHONE SUPPORT. There are some forums that post links to it themselves.

I forgot to get a component price list. But all the x2 prossessores came down by 1 to 2 000 this last few weeks. Good time to buy. The MoBo was also on sale or I would have got the MSI.

Their list price is 12900nt. I think mine was 10900 or 11400.
I looked at the price of the 4400+ and see why i got this one. Big jump in price.

I got it at a good store that is always buisy. From a great girl named BoBo.

Ps. do you mean 3800+? good chip to OC. List price here: 10 800.

:blush: Oops. Yes, I meant the 3800+. In Chiayi, 3C wants $11300. I’m still waiting for the 4200+ or 4400+.