K-1 Fights July 13 Nan Guang

I saw a poster in a 7-11 today for K-1 fights to be held on July 13th out at the Nan Guang (i.e. Academia Sinica neck of the woods) World Trade Center Exhibit hall. Ticket prices run $1,000 to $8,000 NT. I did not recognize any of the fighters but I do not really follow K-1. It was a mix of Russian, Korean, Japanese guys plus…two Taiwanese fighters to be named later!

take care,
Brian

I haven’t seen it though I do know this - Taiwan is blowing up. I love it and it motivates me. I’m 30 and I have a limited amount of time left. I care not for things I used to care about 10 years ago and I feel like there’s a ton to prove to myself and anyone else who’s heard me rant. I will throw down, maybe get beat, may it will not be a good showing, but I’ll be there and I’m going to do it.

I have some shit to deal with this week/month and after that…I’m going to give it a shot. I hope any and all of you that know me will turn up to see the M0NSTER make a run for it. Oh…and if I get my ass handed to me…buy a bottle of whiskey cuz I’ll need it. NEXT!

Monster, you understand what K-1 is, right?

Anyway, yeah, Brian, K-1 here in Taipei. Fucking awesome. Remy’s on the card. Wonder if they’ll be bringing over that Korean monster who’s only a shade smaller than Choi Hong-man.

Would be going, sadly I’m getting married in Cape Town instead.

Actually, the SO feels the same despondency about the timing. She was eulogising about the uselessness of the “freak show fights” at length last night. Seems to have it in for Akebono. Mind you, she had recently seen him fight Bobby Ologun and was almost spitting at the screen such was the level of disgust at the ridiculousness of it all.

Kahna
Congratulations on the upcoming marriage, that is super! Yeah, marriage will change you life, one way or the other. So you will be heading back to SA for awhile? Or for good? I really enjoyed working out with you back in the Friday morning boxing class days. Shit, that has been three years ago now? Are you with Dave Sinclair now?

Take care,
Brian
p.s. how goes the grad degree? I remember working with you on some topic related Taiwanese criminal justice.

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]Kahna
Congratulations on the upcoming marriage, that is super! Yeah, marriage will change you life, one way or the other. So you will be heading back to SA for awhile? Or for good? I really enjoyed working out with you back in the Friday morning boxing class days. Shit, that has been three years ago now? Are you with Dave Sinclair now?

Take care,
Brian
p.s. how goes the grad degree? I remember working with you on some topic related Taiwanese criminal justice.[/quote]

Hey Brian,

This’ll get moved lickety-split for being off-topic, but here goes anyway:

Cheers for the wishes, appreciated muchly. Hopefully things won’t change too much, but I think the rules say I’m allowed to get leery over younger women now, while she has to turn into a shrill harridan.

I remember those Friday mornings - powerful hands of Kennedy, unstoppable as a planet… And Kim The Hairdresser!

Haven’t trained for something like a year with David - work schedule got in the way too much… and I got lazy! However, I am leaving this teaching lark, and will have more time, so I will (tentatively) say that I (hopefully) will get back into it all after my vacation. The studies continue way too slowly, though - wasn’t Taiwanese, though, but South African criminal justice.

Is K-1 the same as Ultimate Fighting?

And is it open to anyone?

What is it?

Too many quesions?

Monster???

Gonna go for what?

K-1 is definitely not a competition where ‘anyone’ can join.

Its a professional event which selects the best fighters in the world to fight on their shows (with the addition of a few freaks with gigantism) . K-1 is not the same as ultimate fighting- it’s kickboxing.

p.s.

yea right kahna…

[quote=“CanisLupusFamiliaris”]p.s.

yea right kahna…[/quote]

:laughing: