Kaohsiung finally gets a Burger King!

Did they have hot-dogs and poutine? The last time I ate BK was in Canmore, Alberta. They had hot-dogs and poutine.

bobepine

Went to the hospital today and was pretty disappointed to see Burger King gone. Replaced by some fried chicken shop. Is there another one in Kaohsiung?

There are now two in Tainan. One out near the freeway #1, and the other smack in the middle of town, across from the two big department stores on Mintzu Road.

You are kidding me…it’s GONE??
No more Burger King?

My gosh, is it too much to ask for Burger King, something different from McDonald’s and MOS Burger (which is so damn good in its own right). We used to have Wendy’s but Dave Thomas decided to pull out of Taiwan altogether and they never returned. Shame Shame Shame~!!!

Burger King, baby. There’s like one in Tainan. Who the hell cares about Tainan?? Kaoh is the place to be!! Man, a few Burger Kings, a few Taco Bells, and one or two Hot Dog joints is all that would make Kaoh something better than the bland hick city it is.

Bring on some Int’l food!!!

[quote=“maybin”]…Man, a few Burger Kings, a few Taco Bells, and one or two Hot Dog joints is all that would make Kaoh something better than the bland hick city it is.

Bring on some Int’l food!!![/quote]

I would think the predominance of crappy “International” fast food outlets would be the definition of a hick town.

[quote=“maybin”]

Int’l food?

I know a place that has all the “int’l” food you want … it’s called the USA …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“maybin”]

Int’l food?

I know a place that has all the “int’l” food you want … it’s called the USA …[/quote]

There’s a place in my neighborhood that sells “Alien Food.”

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“maybin”]…Man, a few Burger Kings, a few Taco Bells, and one or two Hot Dog joints is all that would make Kaoh something better than the bland hick city it is.

I would think the predominance of crappy “International” fast food outlets would be the definition of a hick town.[/quote]

Fine, don’t import the crappy fast food outlets. Import the 5 star Micheline chefs with world renown reputation. I don’t care. As long as it’s variety and something other than the local stuff.

[quote=“maybin”][quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“maybin”]…Man, a few Burger Kings, a few Taco Bells, and one or two Hot Dog joints is all that would make Kaoh something better than the bland hick city it is.

I would think the predominance of crappy “International” fast food outlets would be the definition of a hick town.[/quote]

Fine, don’t import the crappy fast food outlets. Import the 5 star Micheline chefs with world renown reputation. I don’t care. As long as it’s variety and something other than the local stuff.[/quote]

I believe there are at least 20 varieties of instant noodles (some with Korean and Japanese flavors) at the local RT Mart so you sir are nothing but a whiner.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][

I believe there are at least 20 varieties of instant noodles (some with Korean and Japanese flavors) at the local RT Mart so you sir are nothing but a whiner.[/quote]

This is a Burger King thread and I’m whining cause the only one in the city closed down and thus limits the selection of hamburgers…?

And your suggestion (snide remark) is to go for the substitute of hamburger which is instant noodles?

Ok,dude, granted I’m whining, but you sure ain’t helping. But hey, I guess you’re one of those old school ppl who tells the new kids that if they don’t like it , go back home to the states, huh?

[quote=“maybin”][quote=“Muzha Man”][

I believe there are at least 20 varieties of instant noodles (some with Korean and Japanese flavors) at the local RT Mart so you sir are nothing but a whiner.[/quote]

This is a Burger King thread and I’m whining cause the only one in the city closed down and thus limits the selection of hamburgers…?

And your suggestion (snide remark) is to go for the substitute of hamburger which is instant noodles?

Ok,dude, granted I’m whining, but you sure ain’t helping. But hey, I guess you’re one of those old school people who tells the new kids that if they don’t like it , go back home to the states, huh?[/quote]

I certainly hope you are jesting here, cause I sure was above.

People craving for homeland food don’t jest … they’re almost over the top of sanity …

cool.

No harm, no foul.

:smiley:

Happy hamburger hunting. :rainbow:

Don’t get the (so-called) chicken fingers at BK. They are pretty sad.

Edit: Another restaurant chain, and a question…KFC does offer a breakfast. What is it? Honestly, what the hell are they serving for breakfast?

There are actually 3 Burger Kings in Tainan now. One opened up on Chungxue Rd. about a month ago.

SONOFA…

I know the BK in the Veterans Hospital closed last year but recently on some Kaohsiung bus sides I’ve seen advertisements for BK. Is there a new one open?

I’d kill for BK right now…

There are 3 in Tainan that I know of. Easiest one from Kaohsiung is in a Carrefour not far from the freeway on the sothern end of Tainan.

Now why I know this is sad because I drove all the way there once just to get to the BK. Granted I stayed around in Tainan to see some sights but… yeah…

Made a trip recently because I was checking out a masters program at Cheng-Da, so of course had to stop off before went back home to KH.