🚢 🏙 Kaohsiung | Kaohsiung Tourism

And now high end hotels. A new Marriott and new Continental Kaohsiung Hotel, just wonder as they look big is there business for both?

1 Like

Time to see Cherry Blossoms in Taiwan. (season for Cherry Blossoms)

3 Likes

For some reason I was expecting something a little more risqué… :thinking:

Lantern Festival in KS is badass. A must see – ends in one week

3 Likes

A couple of my pics from Grand HiLai hotel a week ago:

6 Likes

That last one looks like the flag for the ill-fated Republic of Formosa, c 1895! :rofl:

Guy

That’s because it is.

2 Likes

Excellent! Then I finally have an excuse to draw attention to the following little-known historical details about said Republic. It has nothing to do with Kaohsiung tourism, but it made me laugh far more than it should have!

Guy

Nice ! Eating there? (I have not been to roof restaurants in a long time)

No, I booked a hotel room.

1 Like

Nice photos ! The Habourfront is nicer now than Love River or Central Park, though this year National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts-Weiwuying also did a good job with the lights.

2 Likes

Viewing Platform 4K Live Camera in Kaohsiung

every time I check this channel here in taipei it is cloudy or rainy while in kaohsiung it is sunny and blue sky, if it is true that also many times in kaohsiung you see more air pollution
but it really makes you want to go south lol

2 Likes

Something’s not adding up there… Whenever I go down south, it’s like gray and hazy. Maybe I am just unlucky with the timing, though.

“ShoushanG”… God bless Taiwan’s chabuduo pinyin :rofl:

I live in Kaohsiung. Air pollution is bad, but it’s not like we never have sunny, blue days.

1 Like

Was outside till now, nice winds off the sea make the Southern Taiwan area nice tonight after a hot day. Enjoy your summer evenings when it is dry (Kaosuing wet season thought, not like dry winters)

2 Likes

2+ years later, still working on it, slower than expected and station shops not doing well. Zuoying左營區 station seems will much better. (be be fair, Zuoying in general is much better area with most business/shopping there, seems old station renew is not going good as area seems poor)