Kaohsiung Mother Gives Child Creative Haircut to Prevent Said Child from Leaving House in Pandemic

The pandemic.
I know you have a different opinion on whether government, parents and society in general are over reacting to Covid-19, and it is a discussion that has its own merits.
But we have other threads for that already :wink:

That’s not an answer. It’s just a word. It’s like “I need to protect my child from evil spirits”.

The reality is that the kid is more at risk (when going outside) of being run over by a blue truck than of dying of COVID. This is not “opinion”. It’s fact that played out over and over again across diverse populations.

To put some numbers on that, about 3000 people are killed on the roads every year; perhaps 1000 of them are kids. In the US, 300 people under 20 have died “of or with COVID” to date, which would translate to about 25 in Taiwan. So that’s 100 times lower than his risk of being killed in a traffic accident, comparable to his chance of being abducted and murdered.

Humiliating your kid on social media is unjustifiable at the best of times. Doing it for a completely spurious reason is child abuse. When he grows up he will understand that it was done for absolutely no good reason other than his mother’s irrational beliefs. If it’s part of a pattern, that kid is statistically more likely end up having a crappy life - possibly dying of a drug overdose or in a fight, as abused boys occasionally do.

1 Like

The number of people who have said that they aren’t letting their children go outside is…shocking. In fact, if you’re in Taiwan, when you go out look around and notice that there are few people under the age of 30 out on the streets.

There’s nothing to stop him from wearing a hat.

I hope all his friends shave their heads in solidarity and continue hanging out.

1 Like

This I agree with.
I don’t know if the kid is identifiable or not, though.
Regardless, the mom’s objective shouldn’t be getting cookies on social media, much less on national television.

1 Like

If I was that kid I would become a drug dealer to spite her.

1 Like

The kid is in on it obviously.

1 Like

Ya, nah. Or let the lil bastid go out and die. Darwinism aint all bad. Maybe he really a dumb lil korean fish?

Aww shit. With the above replies, child abuse just got funny again. Damnit!

Level 2 is coming.
Must’ve been enough time for the kid’s hair to grow again!

Fake news.

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Gossiping/M.1622517641.A.783.html