Kaohsiung Pizza Wars

Tough to go wrong with pizza, for me. I like to grab a slice at Costco, even!

Cheese and bread is pretty hard not to like :grin:. But check out the plastic one I mentioned above sometime. garaunteed to shave time off your life!

1 Like

So I tried Andrea, I liked it but very oily. Like pools of oil. The location could use a freshening up. I’ll probably go back some time

Pizzeria da Chou I quite enjoyed. Very different style. The crust was very good. Will definitely go back

2 Likes

Anyone had Pizza Bros.? In Lingya District, very highly rated on Google. I keep wanting to try it, but they don’t open for lunch and that’s usually the time I’m in that area.

1 Like

Tried Andrea’s a few days ago. Was excellent. Their Bosco pizza wasn’t oily so it may depend on which one you order. Very friendly bosses, kind of a small hangout joint. The boss told me he keeps to the same Italian style and ingredients he was taught. Uses authentic fresh ingredients.
Bizarrely they don’t serve drinks , you can buy in 7-11.
It’s a small place so you might want to ring ahead as they may not have seating. Cannot seat a large crowd.

1 Like

I keep seeing recommendations in eastern Kaohsiung. Why would anyone live there? That’s not where the beaches are :upside_down_face:

I liked these Pizza Chou guys pizza too, and they have other menu items like salad which is nice .

Andrea’s isn’t far from Kaohsiung train station. Kaohsiung has a huge population so stuff is spread out I guess.

I found an all you can eat pizza place. My family.likes those places like the pizza hut buffet so we will try it sometime and report back.

Where are the beaches though? The university ? I agree some more stuff close to it would be nice.

2 Likes

Closer to the office

Are there a lot of companies out there in eastern KH? I mean east of the red line.

For me there is the important one, yeah. We can’t all get paid to sit on the beach eating pizza :melting_face:

2 Likes

Ah yeah but you work in northeastern KH so makes a bit more sense that there would be stuff around there. I guess I meant eastern KH but south of the Love River where there isn’t as many people.

1 Like

Not sure if you ended up going there or not. But they are pretty good with high quality taste. I’d easily rate it as better than pizza rock, but also a bit more expensive.

1 Like

Damn I keep missing it. Should have gone last weekend.

1 Like

So what’s in the box?

The suspense is killing me. :joy:

Guy

1 Like

Burger?

Beaches?

a nice take away pizza from Andrea’s with nice box, sice ya all been there you know what the Pizza looks like (I still like the DongGang (Pingtung)tiny Pizza shop the best in Taiwan though, sometimes make 40 min. drive out there)

1 Like

Costco pizza isn’t bad but it’s extremely cheap. You literally can’t make pizza at the price Costco sells them for.