Kaohsiung Pros and Cons

Still some way to make an income, youtuber (btw Beef noodle looks great) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJCUNwyh9w

One thousand ntd a month if they stay in Kaohsiung too long. I guess they can milk some government agencies for money for a bit.

This was very interesting although I admit some of the categories are opaque to me.

Kaoshuing on this list, it’s a great place to go for a concert

I lot of those in the south have a lot more water this week, some areas 45cm rain today, Top 10 Today | Central Weather Administration and 66cm (25 inches) for the week.

As of May 21, the past couple of days of raining amounted to an increase of 0.09% of water in reservoirs per day. So…

Rain here has been hectic

1 Like

Don’t forget that Takao, Formosa experienced a great deal of “kinetic aerial re-decoration” during the Second Great Unpleasantness.
The empty lot next to the history museum is the part of Takao City hall which was blown sky-high in a USAAF bombing raid.
There was lots of space created by bombing, and that made larger roads easier.

I reckon if you were a Hong Kong immigrant opening some restaurant or something, the Kaohsiung could be fine. Or some kind of freelance gig. Working for a Taiwanese company there, no, fuck that.

1 Like

Chairperson Dr. Kung Ming-Hsin of the National Development Council specifically expressed his support. He said that the living environment in Kaohsiung is similar to that of the new southbound countries and it is easier to establish contact with the southbound market. Dr. Kung further suggested that as smart cities enter the 5G era, it would create new opportunities for innovative smart applications and systems. Kaohsiung can offer its unique environment and industrial setup as a preferred POC test field and transforms into a gateway for export to new southbound countries.

Leader in 5G on the island someday?
It feels like central government will be steering a lot more money to south Taiwan (Tainan-Kaohsiung-Pingtung) in the future.

1 Like

Honestly perhaps the air quality kaohsiung have a nice skyline

kaohsiung

Untitled by 黃 圈圈, on Flickr

3 Likes

I recognize the top picture :arrow_up:
Should be up in the hills around the zoo. I take bike rides up/around/down to then around the harbor and up the coast past NSYSU.
Great relaxing loop that get hills in going out and back.

Just watch out for the monkeys! :grin:

Guy

I do… Like for dogs, just make noise or clap hands far ahead of when you’ll pass them, so it’s not a “surprise” to them.

1 Like

Do you mean aside from the air quality? Yes, we do have the occasional clear day… maybe six or eight times a year. :sweat_smile:

:roll:

C’mon… even when it’s sunny and the sky is blue, there’s still a haze in the air.

2 Likes

Sometimes in winter, yes, but in other seasons, no.

These kinds of clear views are very rare actually.

There’s almost always a haze and that includes Taipei. Having lived close to a lookout over Taipei city for years I’m well aware how rare a clear sky like that is in Taipei.
And the Kaohsiung one is rarer than any blue moon :grin:. It basically never looks like that.
In fact these photos might be processed, especially the fifth one above.

2 Likes