Karts, Rally or Road Racing

Hello everyone my name is “Z” and i moved here a few months ago. (been visiting for the last 4 years)

I race cars in the US and am looking for some racing to do here to keep my skills sharp. I do not yet speak mandarin, but i have manged to find out about a Rally and Karting series. I am interested in both but want to know if there are any other race series here in Taiwan?

I’m a bit heavy for the weight limits here for the karts (i am 100kg) and the rally series have a short/small schedule. I’m leaving towards karting because I can practice relatively easily and get lots of seat time.

i know a drifting club… but to get involved u need a drifting car… i also know that there are several racing clubs with honda civics and other small cars, the install roll cage and it has all the toy u need… they race in a small race track near Hsinchu…

So after a bit more research I’m leaning towards getting a Kart. Do you know what are the most popular classes for racing Karts here in Taiwan? I’m leaning towards a Rotax DD2 but would like to have some competition if I choose to race.

Hi, I replied to your PM also. There are some practical limitations here to having a full-blown racecar (eg: no trailers or flatbed trucks for foreigners), so karts are a good bet. I think racers are generally aware that a streetable race car is an oxymoron.

There are a lot of guys running Rotax setups, but the more popular setups are PRD-powered Chinese-made chassis, as they are significantly cheaper than a Rotax and European-chassis.

There is another K4A event coming that is participated by a lot of the guys who run Rotaxes & PRDs. It would be a good place to meet some of the karters.

anyone has a kart-calender? thanks.

Here is the schedule which has been updated due to weather.

下列為今年賽事行程

3/27 桃園 大魯閣
4/24 彰化 溪湖
5/29 桃園 極限
6/26 高雄 台糖
7/31 桃園 極限
8/28 高雄 台糖
9/25 彰化 溪湖

3 / 27 Taoyuan Taroko
4 / 24 Changhua
5 / 29 Taoyuan limit
6 / 26 Kaohsiung,
7 / 31 Taoyuan limit
8 / 28 Kaohsiung,
9 / 25 Changhua

I’ve pretty much made my mind up on an open 125 kart. let me know if you see any good deals on a used kart!

I ended up getting an old Rotax RM1/DD2 kart. No so good for racing due to poor handling chassis but great for me to get some low cost practice in.

Here is a video i took last week. youtube.com/watch?v=–2Q59it … ideo_title

[quote=“kdee122”]I ended up getting an old Rotax RM1/DD2 kart. No so good for racing due to poor handling chassis but great for me to get some low cost practice in.

Here is a video i took last week. youtube.com/watch?v=–2Q59it … ideo_title[/quote]

So are you located in Chongli? I sometimes go out to that track for fun. Not so fun for motorcycles, but karts are alright. Are you looking to race or interested in meeting other guys that race karts? I race motorcycles here, but I know lots of Taiwanese guys that race all sorts of toys. I have a Taiwanese friend here that lives in Chongli, he races karts (Rotax) and he owns a very nice and repectible tuner shop. His shop is in Chongli and he speaks awesome English. He lives overseas for 4 years. Anyway, he races karts all the time. His name is Daniel. Here is his contact info. If you are interested, tell him you know Robby. He would be glad to get you out on different tracks. He also loves speaking English. :slight_smile:

http://www.motormax-tuning.com/contact.php

I live in Taipei. I’m not real interested in racing (I got the kart primary for practice while in Taiwan). I have two raccars in the US and have flown home for a few races.
Thanks for the contact. I’m stop by that shop sometimes. I’m traveling for a few weeks so no track time :frowning:

nice, so can you store it (and get it maintainanced) at the the track in Jhonghli? Just show up, ride and go home?

yup, show up ride and go! i typically go during the weekday mornings, no waiting.

How much do they charge you to keep your kart at the track?