Kawasaki W650

Saw one this morning. Nice looking retro pseudo-brit twin, but it was on a white plate. That legal?

I assume it was a temporary/test plate (試 written on the side). They are valid for a few days and are supposed to be for testing a newly imported vehicle or driving it to the test centre for inspection.

I assume it was a temporary/test plate (試 written on the side). They are valid for a few days and are supposed to be for testing a newly imported vehicle or driving it to the test centre for inspection.[/quote]
I think those plates are also used by the manufacturers for evaluating various prototypes and ‘development samples’ without having to register them. Since the W650 has been out of production for a while now, I’m guessing this wasn’t imported new and probably not by a Kawasaki dealer either.

It would be nice if Kymco were going to license the design or make a good copy of it. It’s well within their capacities as a manufacturer, and more importantly it’s something Ah Huang can work without stuffing things up too badly.