Kenting Hotels

I also prefer the Caesar. Bear in mind that they’ve started turning the heating off in the pool off-season. The sea’s warmer.

Also, Kending is a bit crap these days. I think they killed it when they focussed on trying to maximise revenue from Chinese tourists. I probably won’t go there again.

I haven’t noticed too much of a change aside from all the development near Sail Rock and BaiShaWan became very busy for a couple years. I’m guessing with the reduced number of Chinese tourists BaiShaWan isn’t as busy any more?

The restaurant/bar area at Happy Panda used to better for sure.

I’ve seen Kenting get a lot of bad reviews on here but I always enjoy going there for a few days when it’s cold up north. It’s obviously not Thailand but there are some decent beaches (much cleaner now than they used to be) and it’s a beautiful scooter ride around the coast and up into the national park. Some decent food can be found, especially the Italian restaurant near NanWan, and the aquarium is world class.

Obviously it’s horses for courses. There used to be 4 or 5 restaurants on the main road that had tanks with fish/seafood in them. Last time I went there was one left.

IMO the quality has gone down noticably. Much of that may be down to personal taste, of course.

And when are they going to deal with those broken down cars? Seriously, how is that a difficult thing to sort out?

Agree with you about the cars. I think they’re used to store the night market games but they need to find a better solution.

Strange the seafood restaurants closed down…wouldn’t they appeal to Chinese tour groups? Or they closed after the Chinese tour numbers started slowing down?

Both the new Smokey Joe’s Restaurants were better than I was expecting. The hotel isn’t bad either.

I’ve never understood why Warung Didi is so popular. I’m probably the only one but I prefer the “Thai” restaurants on the main strip more. Also happy there are banana pancake vendors on the strip these days but only one is good.

I went to Kenting for the first time around 2 months ago and kind of liked it. Not infested with Chinese, food pretty decent, there was a nice outdoor bar on Main Street, we had a jacuzzi on our balcony with views of the ocean.

It’s a bit off the beaten track though, 2h with bus, wtf?

If they had the airport open more often that would make sense

I think Hengchun airport has been closed indefinitely.

Oh, lack of traffic or why ?

It was a bad idea from the start. HSR killed the traffic, and high winds made it too unreliable.

Food pretty decent?

Bleurgghhhhhhh. It’s only gotten worse over the years. I have been going there over almost 20 years now.

Kenting main street is an unmitigated shithole. Always was and still is. My wife simply doesn’t want to go back there now especially as it is so far from Taipei.

There are some very nice b and B’s and hotels though, I agree with that. I have a few favourites that are actually facing to the mountain side. Very quiet and peaceful.

Take a taxi from Zuoying station. I’ve had drivers who got me to Kenting in a bit more than an hour.

The sad thing about Kending is it could easily be really good.

1 Like

https://www.agoda.com/zh-tw/hawaii-style-inn/hotel/kenting-tw.html?cid=-209