Kenyans are bad-asses

OK, this 73-year-old man has got to be going down in history as the toughest guy ever. Confronted with a leopard, he drops his machete and kills it with his bare hands.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8317484/?GT1=6657

[quote]NAIROBI - A 73-year-old Kenyan grandfather reached into the mouth of an attacking leopard and tore out its tongue to kill it, authorities said Wednesday.

Peasant farmer Daniel M

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

They ought to make an action movie starring this guy. Something like a geriatric and violence-filled version of “The Gods Must Be Crazy”.

I’d love to see this guy in a bar fight! :astonished:

I bet he could beat up Patrick Swayze in his “Roadhouse” prime and the 50 state troopers surrounding Ahnold.

Only sad thing is that they couldn’t bill it as the “rumble in the jungle”.

73? And a voice told him to drop his machete and rip it’s tounge out? That is beyond impressive!

I wonder how old the leopard was.

That Wildlife service official made an agist comment, in my opinion.

Only if they have very big mouths, it would seem!

Frankly, I think he shouls have tried reasoning with the animal. It was only trying to eat, or maybe protect its young … :wink:

Not really, anyone who faces an animal that is a predator and comes out on top is lucky! Not many people out there, know matter what there age is could survive a fully charging big cat’s attack using only there hands as a means of defence.

That’s it! When I get famous all my body guards will be old farmer men. Between him and the marathon running geezer in the other thread, I am impressed.

[insert joke tying this event and the idiom “cat got your tongue” here]

The leopard had no comment, whereupon reporters inquired:

“What’s the matter, Kenyan got your tongue?”

I like the dropping the machete part. It was so cool, like he didn’t feel it was necessary.

"Thank you, thank you! For my next feat, I’m going to use my bare hands to rip the ears off a mad elephant. Starting next week, I’ll be taking over for Sigfried & Roy at the Mirage where you can catch my show… "

the leopard must have been equally geriatric not to have thought of biting the old bugger’s hand off… the leopards that I have been in close proximity to gave the extremely un-ambiguous impression that I would not be getting back any body parts that were placed anywhere near the business end of their impressive set of pearly whites…

:idunno:

[quote=“plasmatron”]the leopard must have been equally geriatric not to have thought of biting the old bugger’s hand off… the leopards that I have been in close proximity to gave the extremely un-ambiguous impression that I would not be getting back any body parts that were placed anywhere near the business end of their impressive set of pearly whites…

:idunno:[/quote]

Here’s what a leopard’s mouth looks like. Its incisors don’t look that weighty, at least in comparison with its canines. Also, given the leverage imparted by those massive canines, I wouldn’t be surprised if the leopard’s jaw didn’t really have to be that strong in the course of normal hunting.

But what to I know?

How about this guy?
The Leopard Man of the Isle of Skye.

A tattooed hermit known as the Leopard Man of Skye lives in a hut made of sticks and stones and bathes in a river.
Tom Leppard dropped out of society years ago after spending

Aside from the physics of reaching in and taking a risk with regards to teeth, claws, etc., who on earth would think that tearing a creature’s tongue out would be the right way to incapacitate the leopard.

I’m all in favor of practical science knowledge – and we now know that it’s possible for even an old man to tear a leopard tongue out. Thank God for that! But how many Kenyans died along the way of trying out all the other combos? Is this the sort of things that old men fuss about while rocking on their porches at night?

Old Man No. 1: Naahhhhh! The best way is to try to gouge their eyes out, then rip off its tail and use it to hog-tie the legs.

Old Man No. 2: Next time I see one of these bastards, I’m going to see if I can’t just grab ahol’ of its tongue like this and pull it right out!