Kerry/Dean '08!

The time is RIGHT!

I’ve discovered this morning, that my bottle shop, along with having a very nice wine selection, has just started to offer, at my…uhh…suggestion…, Flor de Caña Centenario Rum. Probaby my favorite rum. Yes, Havana Club Dark is very nice, but Flor de Caña is heads and shoulders above it.
NT$420 a bottle…such a deal!
If you are a rum afficiando, or just want to try a really good rum, I recommend it.

added:
flordecana.com/

It’s unwise to run past presidential hopefuls again. They’re damaged goods.

Gore in 2004? I opposed his run.
Kerry in 2008? I will oppose his run.

My favorite rum is an aged Rhum Barbancourt from Haiti.

I find some of the local “whiskeys” actually taste like decent rum.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]I find some of the local “whiskeys” actually taste like decent rum.[/quote]Interesting. High sugar cane content?

Maybe. I’ll look next time I see one.

Mucha -
If you have the opportunity, try a bottle of Flor de Cana.
It is very good.
If you don’t think so, I’ll finish it for you… :sunglasses:
I have tried a lot of the “Asian” whiskies and found them all very drinkable. I think they are the result of computer variable programming. Smooth and consistent. But none seem to have the elusive variable of nuance that good bourbons and scotches achieve thru artistic distillery.

I’ve found Thailand’s “Mekong Whiskey” to taste similar to a light rum. It’s a rice whiskey. Perhaps Taiwan’s whiskeys are rice whiskeys too, accounting for the rum-like flavor.

Apt. Very apt. :slight_smile:

I’ll try the Flor de Cana if I can find some up here in the north.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]The time is RIGHT!

I’ve discovered this morning, that my bottle shop, along with having a very nice wine selection, has just started to offer, at my…uhh…suggestion…, Flor de Caña Centenario Rum. Probaby my favorite rum. Yes, Havana Club Dark is very nice, but Flor de Caña is heads and shoulders above it.
NT$420 a bottle…such a deal!
If you are a rum afficiando, or just want to try a really good rum, I recommend it.

added:
flordecana.com/[/quote]

"Dear Mr. TainanCowboy

Thanks for your kind support. However, as far as the VP position goes, I’m afraid I will be unavailable since as head of the Democratic National Committee I will be too busy unloading another can of Whupass on the Republicans.

Yours sincerely

Howard (YEARRGHHH!!!) Dean

p.s. The rum is great- me and Nancy Pelosi will be sure to crack a victory bottle."

Kerry and Dean running on the Dem ticket in 2008 is the perfect receipe for a Republican landslide victory. Only the Dems would be foolish enough to run 3 terrible candidates in a row.

New blood, fresh meat. Something other than these two pinheads.

Watch the governors.

Good try TC - however if you count on yor opponents stupidity, your risk of getting clobbered is quite a bit higher than if you actually try to plan self.

I think that it will be Ms. Clinton versus a moderate republican, perhaps John McCain.

I hope that the last 6 years of very low quality US leadership has made the US nutty right partially self-destruct.