Ketogenic "Keto" diet in Taiwan

Sure. But it also depends from person to person. Some people do react badly eating out. I was eating out quite a lot before when I was in vacation and not picking up well enough restaurants, I get some kind of allergic reaction - I assume that is MSG.

IMO, Intuitive diet is also not going to work if you have REAL goal. I’m a scientist, so I rely on facts and data, so if you are doing so much of intuitive dieting, it just lost track of what you do and what you eat; the variables are endless.

I went this route and I do it for my goals. I’ve gotten into mid single digit body fat going into fights this way. It’s not for everyone, perhaps i’m more able to do than others. And the way I do it is based on science. If i’m craving something, I can correct it and understand why i may be craving something and give me the correct nutrition i need. I’ve always been this way and I think it played a huge role in my height and growth. My entire family is quite short, my sister is like 150 at best. yet i’m like just under 190cm without shoes. Broad shoulders. No one in family on either side is even close.

So if you lost weight, how would you know how much carbs you should put back in your diet or if it was because you eat less than the overall macro? How are you going to adjust from week to week accordingly? It’s not all about craving. Eating out does not even tell you how much carbs are there in your food, when you think that you don’t have much carbs, but actually it has a lot of hidden carbs.

Whenever someone comes to me and tell me they want to gain weight and yet has no idea how much carbs/protein/fat they eat, there’s no way you can help them, especially when they say ‘oh I eat a lot but still skinny’, but what is a lot?

That pretty much sums it up. Cutting weight to be honest is EASY, it’s all about taking out and eating less. But when you talk about you want to gain 10-20 lbs of pure muscle, you have to count what you eat.

I’ve been able to do it without counting in too much detail. I go from 80-105kg going this way. I gravitate what I need to eat, if I need protein, I will intuitively want it when I see it.

:man_shrugging:

Well okay, if you say so :slight_smile:

I’m sure if I was to be very precise and count and weight everything. I can do better. This does require dietary knowledge, but I believe human beings are able to “intuitively” pick what they need to eat. Seeing colors of fruits and vegetables for example. We have some mechanism or we wouldn’t have been able to survived so long. Like how people stranded in the ocean can almost intuitively know which parts of the fish to eat and not eat without any prior knowledge.

1 Like

Keep hearing that string cheese, cheese cubes, cheese slices are keto friendly. I don’t even know what string cheese is.

Do you think this qualifies as keto friendly? Or low carb?

20190125_151314-COLLAGE

The package says that there are 5 servings (I guess each cheese stick) and each serving has 1.7 grams of carbohydrates. So 8.5 grams of carbs if you’re a normal person and eat the whole thing.

1 Like

That matches my app.

One of those (and it might not be that one) has a fish egg taste that I didn’t really enjoy. That might be a good snack if it’s not the fish egg one I tried.

Are you going to eat the whole thing in one sitting?!

Yes, I would. It’s a small package. I’m just as surprised that you wouldn’t! (BTW, I think that is the fish egg tasting one. Yuck.)

Eh it does say fish bits in the small letters in the bottom…

1 Like

Yes there is some strange fishy taste. I ate 3. Filled the gap.

1 Like

20190119_185833

This hits the spot for me.

3 Likes

Add 3 more plates of sashimi and I’m good.

1 Like

Even with the soup?

That theory has been around for a while. It sounds plausible (for certain types of cancers), but the problem is that it couldn’t be properly tested on humans without ethics committees raising a fuss.

I suspect there are a few people who go it alone, but they’re almost certainly undocumented. Any doctor who supported their choice would be at risk of being struck off.

Personally I doubt that a keto diet can actually cure cancer, but I’m surprised nobody’s trying to find out if it can prevent it.

I’m starting to feel we need a confessional thread on this forum for those of us who overindulge in carbohydrates. Reading the linked article made me feel even worse for eating two bricks of puffed rice with my coffee this morning…