Key Trump adviser sought to promote white nationalism

What is truth?

She kept it going by asking for money from its readers. How long this can last is an issue. I hope it does survive because it amuses me.

? Huh?

1 Like

More on the emails.

1 Like

Former Breitbart editor wants everyone to know Steven Miller is a white supremacist.

For those who can’t be bothered for 5 mins or want to pretend CNN is whatever, she’s asked if she thinks he’s a white nationalist. She says no, white supremacist. When Miller was working for Sessions, he was always in contact with her promoting anti-immigrant rhetoric. She admits she was a white supremacist/nationalist herself, but says that part of her is dead now.

Says when a US white supremacist killed 9 in a church, he called her about ideas to change the narrative to outrage over confederate statue removal and removal of confederate items off websites selling them previously.

Sent her stuff promoting the halt of all immigration of Muslims to the US.

Of course shortly after, Trump went for the Muslim ban.

Yep, he’s being advised by this supremacist, who’s still there, and people like Ivanka.

1 Like

I’m not ready to form an opinion, but it’s somewhat difficult for me to imagine:

Stephen Miller (political advisor) - Wikipedia

Stephen Miller (political advisor) - Wikipedia

White supremacy - Wikipedia

1 Like

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/13/stephen-miller-is-an-immigration-hypocrite-i-know-because-im-his-uncle-219351

2 Likes
1 Like

Holy sugar, was that their defense?

From CNN.

In a letter to the President, the 25 lawmakers made clear they are deeply disturbed not only by Miller’s influence but also by the way the White House has defended him.“As Jewish members of Congress, we are calling on you to immediately relieve White House Senior Advisor Stephen Miller of all government responsibilities and dismiss him from your Administration,” the letter states. “His documentation of white nationalist and virulently anti-immigrant tropes is wholly unacceptable and disqualifying for a government employee.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/19/politics/stephen-miller-marco-rubio-breitbart-southern-poverty-law-center/index.html

Had a look at this. Actually a report by the SPLC seems to be the most informative, since it includes numerous quotes to the emails in question. So that brings up a couple of questions.

Was Breitbart promoting Miller’s political agenda? Pretty clear it was. One reporter certainly was and overall Breitbart seemed receptive.

“not playing by the same rules that legitimate news organizations play by,”

:smile: Like the “legitimate” news organizations play by the rules and don’t become mouthpieces for intelligence agencies and political candidates. That’s bunk. just need to read Wikileaks to see multiple instances of the Clintons setting up stories through friendly reporters.

Channels like CNN are very receptive to setting up narratives, even false ones. when it aligns with their political interests.

Seems like he and Breitbart had a mutual agreement.

And the CNN post was a response to Tempo Gain

Indeed. I’m not weighing in on Miller’s character, I have heard the claim many times now so wanted to see if I could find substance. Of course I know nothing about him, for all I know he gets home dresses up in his Nazi outfit before getting online to some group to share his thoughts under his pseudonym “herr goebbels”.

Seems he wants strong immigration control and Rubio didn’t. So I am trying to figure out exactly where the White Supremacist part comes in. Is it because Rubio is Latino? Therefore being against someone who is ideologically opposed to you automatically becomes racist if they are a minority? That seems not right.

Or is it because he writes for Brietbart? Because when you ask well what makes Breitbart a White Suppremist organization, the reply is along the lines of “they print articles from the White Suppremist Stephen Miller”. That would be circular logic. They are right wing for sure and these days anything right wing must be white supremacist in the eyes of the left.

People that identify with Nazi groups are a tiny number, just as people on the left identify with Antifa are tiny. The left tries to overblow the entire right wing as being part of the Nazi party and the right wing pretend everyone on the left is part of Antifa. The vast majority of people in the middle are neither.

No worries :smile: Just thought I would chime in.

1 Like

[/quote]

Would this also give an answer?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/13/stephen-miller-is-an-immigration-hypocrite-i-know-because-im-his-uncle-219351

Perhaps, and perhaps that is the right answer. It used to be a lot easier to determine this answer because the people themselves would self identify themselves as such. In the UK they were members of the National Front (a fringe group widely detested) in the US you have the KKK and Neo Nazi’s.

The article you provided uses a number of arguments, some, were on the face of it true, like his intended blanket ban on all Muslim countries were on the face of it Islamaphobic and I take as complete factual statements. Some like Charlottesville as you probably know have accusations of media gas lighting by making claims “he called the neo Nazi’s fine people” when he explicitly said “and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally”.

Now something like Charlottesville was given such a hard full press at the time and repeated so often and for so long. It’s accepted as fact. One just need say “oh and his comments about neo-Nazi’s and Charlottesville” and everyone nods their head in understanding.

1 Like

I don’t recall Miller making statements about Charlottesville. Or are you using Trump’s involvement as an example?

I was, because I know very little about Miller, except I have heard him called a white supremacist regularly, I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t more to back up the claim. To be honest he looks like a douche, but what do I know.

Actually it’s usually from the more left leaning folks I hear about these new right wing groups. I hadn’t heard of Incels until a couple of years ago, then along came the Proud Boys (I swear that sounds the most juvenile name), I am forever having to google these things. I remember Clinton giving the speech on the Alt right and I am trying to figure out what the Alt right is and getting confused with Clinton’s definition of green frogs led by Putin, Milo Yiannopoulos claiming the definitive description basically being 4 Chan, I finally settled with what those who call themselves Alt-Right was, which was pretty much the same bunch of assholes that identify with Neo-nazi or White Supremacy under a new name.

But, unlike what the media might have me believe that this is some kind of epidemic, I would think it more likely these are fringe lunatics.

These guys are legends in their own mind imo. Notice all these attacks are done by loser lone wolves. Some even claim leadership with a strong following like that guy in Sweden who shot up kids in a summer camp.

The media is too quick to buy these guys represent any significant group. They always like to claim that. But imo, the people who are serious about that ideology, don’t see such attacks as useful. They’re too smart to make useless noise like that.

I have no idea what more is needed to back up the claim. I would say that multiple emails that have a common theme of white supremacy ideology should be enough at least to say there’s some agreement. And to perhaps have a certain listening for him.

It’s like someone trying to convince me that Louis Farrakhan isn’t anti-Semitic even though there’s plenty on record.

1 Like

Perhaps that’s part of their smartness. To lull others who aren’t as astute into doing their dirty work. There’s strength in numbers.

Those serious about white nationalist ideology, are serious about seizing power. I don’t believe small scale attacks really makes sense for that.

2 Likes