Keyboard MIDI cable?

A friend of mine is looking for a MIDI cable, where could I find one? I looked in Sanxia in music stores and computer stores and they looked at me if like I came from Mars … they sell Yamaha keyboards but don’t have MIDI cables … duh :s

A friend got a M-Audio Uno from Music is Life. It’s on Roosevelt between ShiDa and HePing. That’ll probably be the cable I get with my digital piano.

There’s many music stores that should be able to get it. A store next to the Howard Hotel seems like they’d have it.

Have you ever tried Tony music store? they stock a lot of MIDI equipments, im sure they have MIDI cables too…

Have you ever tried Tony music store? they stock a lot of MIDI equipments, im sure they have MIDI cables too…[/quote]

Ok … and where might Tony be?

liouzanli MRT station or something…

Any decent music shop, especially any that carry midi instruments will have it. There’s tons of places.

ah yea. Look up the m-audio taiwan distributor. Last time I looked, it was easy to find their address.

Have you ever tried Tony music store? they stock a lot of MIDI equipments, im sure they have MIDI cables too…[/quote]

Ok … and where might Tony be?[/quote]

The search feature is your friend, BP…
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … nys#466999](Guitar shop/music store in Taipei

I’ve been looking to keyboards. I should be getting one within a few months.

The newer keyboards like the Kawai ES4 or MP4 have USB. All you need is a USB cable.

I was considering something like the Yamaha P90. It’s kinda old though. It’s technology is at least a few years old. It seems Kawai is one of the companies with new stuff. Yamaha is just beginning to show their new stuff.

The M-audio uno. You could get one from your keyboard maker, or any other company. Where can you find M-Audio stuff. They will know:

Weltronics Corp.
Nancy Lee
nancylee@ieeegroup.com
maudio.com.tw

Chia-Mei Industrial Park, 5F,No.8, Alley11, Lane 327 (Demo room at 6F)
Zhongshan Rd., Sec 2, Chung Ho (Zhonghe) (Zhonghe) City, Taipei County, Taiwan

+886-2-2245-8945
+886-2-2245-0853

I remember when I was in Taipei looking thru the Apple Centre stores. I’d ask about the M-Audio ProKeys 88 keyboard. After all, they sold other M-Audio products. All I got was something like “we don’t have it.” If they were smart, cared about their customers, or had enough courage to deal with the unraveling chinese unconscious, they’d say, I don’t know but I’ll find out.

You can also try this shop, they have MIDI equipment. You can reach it from Taipei Main station or Ximen mrt station.

This is from their name card:

KHS Musical Co., Ltd.
Bo-Ai Road 115, Zhongzheng district
phone 02-23118701 ext 222~224 / 09-25137741
www.khsmusic.com.tw

(edit… seems they have many shops in Taiwan; see their website /the_stores/the_stores.asp, but it’s Chinese)

If all you need is the cable, you can go to Guang Hua computer market. They have some there.