KFC US donut fried chicken burger

Are they like…general Americans or Italian-Americans?

Both. Some are here for work, lots of military wives, some come here to claim ancestry citizenship.

I am middle of the road myself. I can see where the opinions are from, and there is a LOT of unnecessary gatekeeping.

Nothing really bothers me except Starbucks, which actively passes itself off as Italian, despite looking nothing like what you’d find in Italy.

If it’s like obviously fake, then yeah. But there are people who have a romanticised view on Italy. That it should be pure. There’s an alleged purism that goes on with communities overseas.

American junk food is awesome.

This :+1:

1 Like

Even junk food has its own flavour palette, and IMO donuts and burgers should not be mated. Either one is fine on its own. Enjoyable, even. Despite my frequent health rants, I actually have no problem with McDonalds and KFC, Krispy Kreme, etc., especially after a few beers. But putting a piece of chicken or meat in a donut is just stoopid. It reminds me of the Filipino approach to spaghetti bolognese (ie., added sugar), which should be punishable with life imprisonment.

Oh, wait. Those Yamazaki donut things with curry inside are quite nice.

Anybody coming down to Kaohsiung and want to do me a solid? :wink:

I need to go claim ancestry citizenship to Italy and then go to KFC and get one of these donut fried chicken burgers. Then I can be an Italian who eats American junk food. (First I need to find out which of the 450 men in the registry with the same name of my great great grandfather is my actual great great grandfather. Any PI’s out there who wanna help? I’ll pay handsomely in donut fried chicken burgers)