Kidney Dialysis Island

Kidney from China and transplant in Taiwan. Are you sure about that ?
In the 2000s Dr Ko was sending patients to China for transplants.

Bit I never heard of any organs getting shipped to Taiwan. It seems unlikely to me.

All this happened before I moved to Taiwan, so I’m just going by what my family here tells me.

They could also not know what they are talking about, which is likely the case.

I’m 100% sure the new kidneys came from China though.

New?

1 Like

New for them…

I don’t mean they are brand new kidneys that are harvested out of newborn babies.

Although, when I think about it…

Did you ask your relatives how it feels to trade in body parts ?

What do you mean? Like, if they get any of the memories or characteristics of the person who gave them the transplanted kidney?

Or if they feel bad because they can’t be buried “whole” so they are bad Taoists?

I guess they don’t feel bad but they are scummy people.

Paranormal issues aside they seem to be fine?

I’m confused what you’re supposed to do if you need a kidney transplant in Taiwan?

Is it your first day in Taiwan? This is how things operate here my dude! :sunglasses:

Polluted and poison the country and it’s people, as long as you get yours!
https://youtu.be/EQwu-y51Z2Y
Taiwan is #1

I’m not confused about anything.
I’m just telling you your relatives are scum.
Couldn’t be clearer dude.

pointing out the truth

Yikes! You’re never gunna make it in Taiwan with that attitude.

Hope you or your kids never get kidney issues, but if you guys live in Taiwan…it’s not looking good Brian… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Don’t worry, the waiting list for a new kidney in taiwan is only 36 short years. Hope you like paying for dialysis. :nauseated_face::money_mouth_face::sneezing_face:

You seem to think it’s funny your relatives trade in body parts .
OK then…

Look your relatives are scum but they are your scum. You gotta stick together.

“Daddy Brianjones, why are you letting me die…”

“Well kiddo, I don’t believe in organ transplants, but It’s okay that you’re going to die, because I have taken the moral highground on some Internet forum.”

what would you do to save the life of a loved one, Mr. Jones?
How far are you willing to go to save the life of someone you love?
I wanna play a game…

You’re right tho. It is super scummy, but that’s just the culture here. I’m not sticking with them, and you can call them scumbags. I’m just telling you how it actually is living in Taiwan. I don’t like that it’s like this, Brian.

1 Like

A large percentage of the population have kidney damage due to diabetes.

1 Like

Correct. A large number of folks here have atypical diabetes not directly related to obesity. It’s a bit of a mystery.

It’s Chinese medicine. The rest of the world consume shitty process food and don’t have the numbers we have in kidney failure.

1 Like

Over the years I’ve seen one news article after another linking some Chinese med ingredient or another to kidney failure. So I now avoid it completely. Just a few links here from a quick search, if interested:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51443811_Herbal_medicines_and_chronic_kidney_disease

1 Like

+1 on the Chinese medicines. They are a one-way ticket to kidney failure. Plus we live on an island of miracle cure salesmen and idiots who will invest in those miracle cures. People are triple dosing on medicines from their GP, medicines from their TCM doctor, and whatever nonsense they purchase off of the internet.

3 Likes

Just an example today on the news:

Chang Gung Memorial Hospital toxicology ward director Yan Tsung-hai (顏宗海) on Saturday said that the vine is frequently used in herbal medicines throughout Asia, as it is believed to reduce fever and inflammation, among other effects.

However, research in Taiwan and abroad has found that the vine can have adverse effects on the body, including acute hepatitis, and can even lead to organ failure — which is what happened in Lai’s case, Yan said.

3 Likes

Worst part is that local companies copy “famous” medicines from abroad, from Japanese vitamins to pet heartworm pills. I have no faith in something that is marketed breaking copyrights, mocking packaging and names. yet, often than not, the real original stuff disappears and we are left with the copies as the only choice.

My upstairs neighbor is a well respected doctor head of a Chinese medicine department in a major hospital. Got caught putting actual medicine in his Chinese medicine. Paid a fine and got away with it. It’s all a scam.

4 Likes