Killing a foreigner

Not that I’m actually considering it or anything, but it occured to me the other day that it would be very easy to get away with offing another foreigner in Taiwan.
The police here are inept at the best of times, and I don’t think they could care less what one foreigner does to another so long as they don’t have to clean up the mess, deal with foreign officials, or do too much work.
If you did the deed discretely, and disposed of the corpse neatly, I think you’d be off clean as a whistle.
It’s too bad that the kindergarten/private market has dried up so much that a girl has to consider other lines of work.

Has there ever been a foriegner killed in Taiwan. I mean someone from the West?

I know phillipinoes and Indonesians and the like get knocked off occaisionally but i’ve never heard of a Westerner getting totalled.

So how much is the insurance payout, Ziggy?

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Has there ever been a foriegner killed in Taiwan. I mean someone from the West?[/quote]Yes, a few westerners have been murdered or killed under circumstances that most people find suspicious. I have airtight alibis for all the relevant dates.

Do you somehow feel this is different than (say) a migrant labourer from another asian country? I’m confused as to why you make the distinction.

i can think of one important distinction :slight_smile:

Hmmm…I don’t like the title of this thread already. If you are having any thoughts at all about killing someone, please go see a counselor.

I know the OP doesn’t really want to kill someone, but I hope you don’t all start brainstorming on how to kill someone without getting into trouble.

[quote=“914”]Hmmm…I don’t like the title of this thread already. If you are having any thoughts at all about killing someone, please go see a counselor.

[/quote]

ok that’s the funniest thing i ever read on here :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“914”]Hmmm…I don’t like the title of this thread already. If you are having any thoughts at all about killing someone, please go see a counselor.

[/quote]

ok that’s the funniest thing I ever read on here :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:[/quote]

Thanks man, I try to bring humor to the place. :wink:

But you never know, there might be some sick guy out there (logged on as “guest” maybe) who would actually ask, “So how do I do it?”

[quote=“914”]

But you never know, there might be some sick guy out there (logged on as “guest” maybe) who would actually ask, “So how do I do it?”[/quote]

can’t you just see him checking the yellow pages??? :bravo: c for counselor… i think he’ll find h for hit-man before then

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Has there ever been a foriegner killed in Taiwan. I mean someone from the West?

I know phillipinoes and Indonesians and the like get knocked off occaisionally but I’ve never heard of a Westerner getting totalled.

So how much is the insurance payout, Ziggy?[/quote]

insurance payout? I work under the table, dirty deeds done dirt cheap…or at least the price of a fun night at a dirty KTV

To clarify my original post;

I did mean killing a whitey. There’d be no sport in killing a SE Asian as the police wouldn’t even stop eating lunch to bother with that.

Fred Frontier! :unamused:

This is why we have the Star Chamber. What - you thought we only banned wayward posters? :smiling_imp:

This is why we have the Star Chamber. What - you thought we only banned wayward posters? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

i thought the “Star Chamber” was a rock band or a drinking club. :blush: :wink:

[quote=“Tetsuo”]
Fred Frontier! :unamused:[/quote]Don’t get me mixed up with Boomer! :wink: Under the ‘suspicious circumstances’ category I was thinking of the woman who was killed in Ch1yi, but I can’t remember her name. The other case I remember, and wasn’t suspicious at all, was the American in Hs1nchu who was hacked to death in his apartment by men hired by his neighbor.

How about changing your title to

“bumping off a foreigner”

It is a little unsettling everytime it pops up again.

I’d somehow be quite relaxed about being bumped off but remain very uncomfortable with being killed.

As we’ve been discussing in the “CSI Taiwan” thread,

[CSI Taiwan? (post-mortem investigations)

you could probably get away with offing a local as well as a foreigner, provided you didn’t poke the dagger through your business card on the way to your victim’s back.

Look at the presidential shooting–the most high-profile case I can think of. If the police can’t be inspired to make any real progress with something like that, then how much trouble are they going to go to to investigate MY worthless carcass?

We need an emoticon of a little Smiley guy assembling a ten-foot pole and then not touching a subject. If we had one of those, I could simply post it here instead of what I just wrote. :laughing:

[quote=“hsiadogah”][quote=“Tetsuo”]
Fred Frontier! :unamused:[/quote]Don’t get me mixed up with Boomer! :wink: Under the ‘suspicious circumstances’ category I was thinking of the woman who was killed in Ch1yi, but I can’t remember her name. The other case I remember, and wasn’t suspicious at all, was the American in Hs1nchu who was hacked to death in his apartment by men hired by his neighbor.[/quote]

What’s the story on the American killed in Hsinchu?

[quote=“ziggy stardust”]
What’s the story on the American killed in Hsinchu (Xinzhu)?[/quote]Search, it will be in the archives. From what I recall the guy was an engineer and needed some quiet to work. His neighbor on the other hand was some nasty bitch with a lot of noisy friends who’d yell and scream in the stairwell outside his door. So he went out to talk to her about it a few times, to no avail, and finally lost it and started yelling at her. Next thing you know he’s found literally chopped into pieces in his apartment and a pretty neat trail of evidence leading back to the neighbor and her nasty friends. Open and shut.

So, if you are going to kill someone, make sure you haven’t been seen arguing with them and threatening them recently… :doh:

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Has there ever been a foriegner killed in Taiwan. I mean someone from the West? quote]

Yes, a few years ago in Chiayi an Australian girl was murdered. She had a local BF who wanted to share her around.

The police decided it was suicide, as she must have bounced herself down 6 flights of stairs and hit her head on everyone of them.

There are many unsovled crimes commited in Taiwan. Many murderers get away with their crimes.