Kindy rule change - again

Yup, I just heard that the rules have been changed again.

This year the govt. and the MOE approved of Foreign teachers being sub-contracted to kindergartens for a small part of their total working hours.

Now, as of October 1, the Pres. and the MOE have changed the rules again. No foreign teachers will be allowed to teach in kindergartens.

It seems that a lot of gevernment kindergartens protested to the government and they changed their mind. I saw the documentation today.

It’s illegal, it’s legal, it’s illegal again. When is this stupidity going to stop?! It looks pretty serious this time and looks like local authorities outside Taipei may even start doing something to enforce the rules.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Thanks for that post Bassman.

So can a waiguoren legally teach kindergarten-aged children at a bushiban. Is there an age limit or is it determined by the place?

P.S. Just curious; I don’t teach the little bastards.

[quote=“almas john”]Thanks for that post Bassman.

So can a waiguoren legally teach kindergarten-aged children at a bushiban. Is there an age limit or is it determined by the place?

P.S. Just curious; I don’t teach the little bastards.[/quote]

Yes, the building runs under a different licence. I say building because the students could very well be from the same kindergarten but having English classes in a different location.

As far as age goes it would be fine for Da ban to go to a bushiban for classes. The parents are paying another charge for a differnent service from that of a Kindergarten.

Makes me glad to have got into the Language school game when I did.

Puts more than a few schools and teachers in tricky situations though.