Kindy Xmas Play

Does anyone know of any sites that show kids christmas plays with scripts. I googled crap basically. ldealy l’d like to write my own but need some ideas to inspire. Thanks amos.

kaiser kastle (kai ze ling) does alot of this stuff. they usually have demonstration shows around the island. alot of their other stuff is carried by caves and caves should be able to provide you with a contact number. aim for the taipei branch as many of the other branches can scarely carry on in english.

it ain’t always great but is much better than re-inventing the wheel. two laowai (steve and ?) are the music directors there and some of their stuff is quite catchy.

kaiser kastle (kai ze ling) does alot of this stuff. they usually have demonstration shows around the island. alot of their other stuff is carried by caves and caves should be able to provide you with a contact number. aim for the taipei branch as many of the other branches can scarely carry on in english.

it ain’t always great but is much better than re-inventing the wheel. two laowai (steve and ?) are the music directors there and some of their stuff is quite catchy.

argh …

keep getting invalid session …

anyways, the gist was that i got books from caves (robin hood, town mouse & country mouse) and adapted them to number of characters, and dialogue. worked quite well, even at different levels. i imagine there must be something about xmas in one of the bgookstores.

i too googled and yahood to no avail, lots of shyte out there we can compare :smiley:

good luck

[Edit:]
My co-worker showed me this link:
dramatix.org/Linkpages/Childrens.html

There are scripts for children’s Christmas plays there as well as other kinds of plays. I looked briefly at some of the scripts. At least some of them are at least somewhat religious in theme. Also, while the author allows the use of the scripts, there is a proviso that no admission be charged and that the scripts not be sold. He/she also requests that the user notify him/her of the use of a script and inform him/her of the purpose of using it. The author’s e-mail address was at the bottom of one of the scripts that I briefly examined. There may be other conditions on the page, but that’s what I remember.

Hope this helps.
xp+10K
[End edit.]

You might try these links, with the warning that I didn’t check them out very well:

childdrama.com/mainframe.html
geocities.com/pocolocoplayers/child.html
angelfire.com/scifi/theaters … skits.html
angelfire.com/scifi/theaters … links.html

I’m pretty sure there are other sources of kids’ plays on the 'net. Some are free, some charge.

[Edit; added:]

If you just want some ideas, you might look at the links shown below, public domain as far as I know:

Internet Sacred Texts Archive, English Folktales
Internet Sacred Texts Archive, Grimm’s Fairytales (all of them, as far as I know)
Internet Sacred Texts Archive, Native American Folktales (I like the Zuni stuff)

If you were to decide to use the Zuni stuff, you might want to think about changing the endings (some of the endings are pretty sad). Also, some of the Grimm’s are pretty cynical–they can be made upbeat. You can be like a jazz musician with an old song.

There’s lots more on that site, including African folktales, etc.

[End edit.]

Hope this helps.
xp+10K