King Charles III Coronation

Gotta say, he looks pretty chuffed…

1 Like

And apparently, not everyone’s a fan…

George 3 you mean. He was inflexible, but not the only one. It turned out to be a bad idea.

No George 2
I know my Georges by George

2 Likes

Napoleon invited Pope to crown him but At the last minute Napoleon grabbed crown from Pope and crowned himself

It turned out to infuriate Catholics in Portugal Spain Papal States Naples Piedmont Austria and elsewhere and fueled a rebellion that dwindled Napoleon’s forces

It was a bad strategy by a master strategist

1 Like

People need to get over Diana already.

1 Like

I thought holidays were supposed to be good. Is it suddenly bad now?

Yeah, fuck those proles wanting a day off. Entitled twats, denying rich people the right to make more money.

6 Likes

Only way to solve the problem is to have make up days on a couple of Saturdays.

12 Likes

Hey nobody invited me !! I know why though
No private jet

:rofl:

The whole Diana saga just added substance to the whole fairy tale the English royalty is

The original Reality Show

1 Like

This is why SME and self employed people struggle. People who are pro employees actually don’t know wtf they’re talking about and group us with large corporations.

I sell B2B and holidays for small businesses we serve like this hurt. And in e-commerce my workers will basically have 3 days worth of packing to do on Tuesday and Tuesday will be so busy as everyone needs to restock on business supplies. There will be delays and disruptions in shipments, especially in the London area.

Most businesses count bank holidays as part of their holiday allowance as well. So those take away days employees to pick their own holiday.

Is taiwan still doing half day Saturdays?

That was more a social in most businesses

We gathered around in casual clothes (no suit) and had coffee and cookies in my last Taiwan job with half day Saturdays

Got me out of bed and the activities of the day started

Somehow the rest of Saturday felt like a WIN like you got out of school at noon

It felt like a longer day then if I had lazed in bed till 10 and then a coffee later it’s past noon snd half the day is gone and I’m not even dressed to go out

all in all for me there were some benefits to the fake working half day Saturdays

And Diana is like that fan favorite contestant who got eliminated too early and the rabid fans are still cross about it 30 years later. It’s really silly.

Well she did die .

1 Like

I’ll bet you’re starving and living in a dumpster. Apply for the dole!

You think it is silly now. It was worse back when she died. I remember being a kid and my dad pointing out all the idiots crowded outside Buckingham palace on the tv. Crying their eyes out for someone they had never met.

1 Like

If I starve then that means my workers are out of work. Why would you joke about that? . 3 day weekends that take away from their holiday allowance just means they have more workload when they return to ship out everything.

My clients are small businesses as well, self employed beauticians and salons. Shipment delays is bad for business. Bank holidays are exactly that. Banks don’t payout and do anything those days. It’s a major disruption for small businesses

It’s actually sad this is the attitude people have for SMEs. None of my employees have a degree and not a single one makes minimum wage.

My GM that I hired 1.5 years ago I just promoted was a cashier working part time before she came to us. Now she’s middle class salaried and can afford to buy her first car. What have you done for anyone? You should be rooting for me but your ignorance keep the people you think you’re helping poor.

3 Likes

Princess Diana was a legendary figure.

Life isn’t just about reality it isn’t just about the mundane shit we all go through

It’s about dreams it’s about challenges it’s about good versus evil in ourselves and the world we live in.

Diana’s story is about one person making a difference in a way she can and did

How much better a fairly tale story can this be?

Pretty young lady chosen by crown prince to be his bride when secretly his heart was given to someone else in a love story that could not be realized

She played her role well and did England proud representing her in a way to her credit

But inside she must have known that she didn’t have the heart of the prince. She knew that the day is long in coming for her to ever become Queen

She faced a Queen who was very old school but that was the role she had to play

She had to break out to be her own person and she did , she strived to be the Queen of Hearts not just for the people of the UK but for those who follow this fairy tale .

Don’t forget fairy tales came out to tell about good versus evil and to push us to believe in good in doing what is right.

Diana played the role she was given well and captured the hearts of those who could see parallel challenges in their own lives

Her tragic death shocked the world. Most of us forgave her cheating. Her and her lover killed on the streets of Paris. A possible conspiracy still talked about

That’s why a billion people including Tommy watched her funeral live

Her horse drawn carriage slowly rolling past the Queen and her entourage standing outside the palace gates , the flag half mast , all these against protocol

As the Queen finally acknowledged the Queen of Hearts who in her death lost in her battle against the Queen but won by her being who she was

And people applauded , rightly so

A life well played Diana… well played

1 Like