King’s Pay International Transfer - Really Great Rates

Max you can send to a bank in the US is 50,000 NTD per transaction, but with a fee of only 14 USD, that’s roughly 0.88% only!

Has anyone used this service?

2 Likes

Land Bank charges me NT$400 and my bank in the US charges me US$10 for a transaction of any amount (though I usually keep it under US$10,000, as im playing the “no more than an aggregate US$10k in your bank account at any time” game with Uncle Sam). That’s a total charge of ~NT$700/transaction or ~US$23. Depending on how much you transfer at one time, that can be significantly cheaper than what you’re talking about here. I think the charges on the receiving side are what get you.

1 Like

Yes, my brokerage uses Citi bank, and whenever I send money to them via a regular SWIFT international transfer I get 20 USD deducted.

I’m currently talking with the King Pay support to see whether I’d be able to transfer to my brokerage, since my brokerage has rules like the sending account must use my actual name.

Ask in Mandarin, on Line, answered in a neat way in English. Sure this is legal?

2 Likes

Using SWIFT code and everything, First Bank charged me 400 TWD to send money home. The conversion rate is like 1% lower than the actual official rate. If I recall correctly, local bank also charge further for like 2000 TWD for remittance around 250000 TWD.

1 Like

Daylight robbery

Yeah, they are Western Union’s official Taiwan partner

1 Like

That seems more comforting :slight_smile:

It doesn’t seem to accept my ARC ID number anyway…

Yep. Would have to sign up via a local spouse

Should put that in the original description. Not everyone has a local spouse… Some of us are players…

I think you can still sign up, just at branch. Their service is obviously targeted at migrant workers