Kiteboarding & Kitesurfing in Taiwan

Hey all,

I’m interested in learning to kiteboard. Or at least finding out if its a sport I want to pursue more. Has anyone done this here? I’m headed to Penghu for a few days in April, and found one place on the island that instructs - does anyone have experience there? Is it worth the cost? Are the instructors good?

Also, I’ve seen people up on the north coast kiteboarding as well but can’t find anything when searching in English. Does anyone know anything about kite boarding up there?

Thanks for your help!

[quote=“rockmadchen”]Hey all,

I’m interested in learning to kiteboard. Or at least finding out if its a sport I want to pursue more. Has anyone done this here? I’m headed to Penghu for a few days in April, and found one place on the island that instructs - does anyone have experience there? Is it worth the cost? Are the instructors good?

Also, I’ve seen people up on the north coast kiteboarding as well but can’t find anything when searching in English. Does anyone know anything about kite boarding up there?

Thanks for your help![/quote]

A bit windy there in the winter, think 30-40kts sustained. Go to Guan Ying or BaiShaWan or ChuNan and wait until after tomb sweeping.

A good starting point will be contacting Tony in Chunan. Here is the [button]link,http://www.spot.com.tw/[/button]

I looked into taking lessons a few years ago and didn’t find any schools in Taiwan. Your best bet is to go to Boracay, take a week of lessons, get an idea about what gear you like then buy some and use it in taiwan. Taiwan has great wind but the waves take some getting used to, much better for learning in Boracay in safer conditions. :2cents:

Hey just in case, i have a 12mt cabrinha kite and board set that i have to sell because i am leaving the country… i used them 3 times only as my wife being pregnant got in my way to practice the sport…
send me a PM if you are interested… i can also hook you up with a trainer…

Hi can you e-mail me about the kite you are selling! To onlyrod(at) hotmail.com thanks

Taiwan is one of the best place for kiteboarding in Asia. I started windsurfing here in 1984 and then kiteboarding since 2000. The island has good wind all 12 months of the year with good air and water temperature, so there are no off seasons here for us. Over 1000km of coast line offer many spots for all levels from newbies to experts. Kiteboarding here is quite fun and exciting. However, lessons are strongly recommended for beginners. If you are interested to start kiteboarding in Taiwan, I’ll be happy to help. Just send me an e-mail: jasont@ms3.hinet.net

If you want to learn kiteboarding in south Taiwan, please visit on kiteboarding.com.tw

From what I heard, the glass maker 720armour is the kitesurfing pioneer in Taiwan. They might be able to help find the best spots.

Baikeng beach on the northeast side of Penghu Island.

白坑沙灘

Annual international competition.

2 Likes