Kitten wants to give you some love! * found a home*

While on our morning walk, noticed a couple of kids on their way to school looking for a place to dump their kitten. Their mum said they couldn’t keep it, but that was all I could figure out from their rather upset and fast Chinese. They were clearly distressed about not being able to keep the kitten and were trying to find a “safe” place to put it (good luck).

I figured I could try for a short time - I am leaving in a week - to find it a home - then, well…

Anyhow it is really beautiful - lovely, lovely, soft fur. If you are interested, please PM me.
Thanks.

Where am I? Is that a … dog?!

Not sure yet how it gets on with other animals; will observe and post more later.

Not the best photos - on my way to work - more to follow later.

Male or female?

Age?

five and a half weeks
Female … I think… will double check that.

getting used to dogs.

There’s a 75% chance it’s a male judging from the fur colouring.

Yeah, you’re right…he is a male. :blush:

I guess the ginger colouring usually indicates males, eh?

[quote=“kage”]I guess the ginger colouring usually indicates males, eh?[/quote]Exactly, the ginger gene (which makes black appear as ginger) is on the male sex chromosome. There’s also a bi-colour gene on another non-sex chromosome that makes him white and ginger. Cat genetics is quite interesting, but also quite complicated, and I’ve only just started reading the technical details.

Post a rear view pic and we’ll know for sure.

[quote=“Icon”]Post a rear view pic and we’ll know for sure.[/quote]No you won’t, not at 5 weeks, unless you’re good at cat sexing. It’s easy with an adult, not so easy pre-puberty.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Icon”]Post a rear view pic and we’ll know for sure.[/quote]No you won’t, not at 5 weeks, unless you’re good at cat sexing. It’s easy with an adult, not so easy pre-puberty.[/quote]Just kidding -I really do not want to see his derriere! On the other hand, I had this link to a DIY sexing guide, aparently had to do something with the holes… Says someone who, until I took the cat to be “spayed”, discovered it was to be “neutered” instead…

[quote=“Icon”]Just kidding -I really do not want to see his derriere! On the other hand, I had this link to a DIY sexing guide, aparently had to do something with the holes… Says someone who, until I took the cat to be “spayed”, discovered it was to be “neutered” instead…[/quote]Yes, the only visible difference is the distance between the anus and the urinal outlet. They’re further apart in males. It can be difficult for the layman to know just how far apart they are on a male and how far away on a female. I got quite good at sexing baby dwarf hamsters.
That’s a much more accurate way than looking at fur colour. I only a 75% chance of being correct in this case.

[quote]Yes, the only visible difference is the distance between the anus and the urinal outlet. They’re further apart in males. [/quote] The vet showed me how to do this. He also demonstrated that the little balls are hiding in there, too. (“Ok,ok I see. Could you stop squeezing them, please?” ~wince!)

[quote] I got quite good at sexing baby dwarf hamsters. [/quote] hmm…I am still searching for my calling…:wink:

As an aside…
I’ve heard (read) that sexing baby chickens is really hard and that the Chinese immigrants to North America were pretty much the only people who could do this well (read it in a museum somewhere). I suppose they had figured out a way to do it and then guarded it as a secret to maintain their value as workers (job security).
I go to very exciting museums in my travels.

[quote=“kage”][quote]Yes, the only visible difference is the distance between the anus and the urinal outlet. They’re further apart in males. [/quote] The vet showed me how to do this. He also demonstrated that the little balls are hiding in there, too. (“Ok,ok I see. Could you stop squeezing them, please?” ~wince!)

[quote] I got quite good at sexing baby dwarf hamsters. [/quote] hmm…I am still searching for my calling…:wink:

As an aside…
I’ve heard (read) that sexing baby chickens is really hard and that the Chinese immigrants to North America were pretty much the only people who could do this well (read it in a museum somewhere). I suppose they had figured out a way to do it and then guarded it as a secret to maintain their value as workers (job security).
I go to very exciting museums in my travels.[/quote]

There was an episode of dirty jobs where there were a bunch of asian folks sitting there sexing chicks. They can tell a boy from a girl by squirting the crap out of them. Apparently, this crap squirting is needful for some reason. Something you can’t see if you haven’t squirted crap out of the chick.

This cutie patootie is still looking for a home.
He has very cool fur - the white is longer than the orange, which give him an elegant look.

Looks like this little guy has found a home! Oh, happy day!