Kitty litter in Taiwan

Wood pellets You need to invest on double layer litter boxes - or make them yourself- but allegedly it is super.

I tried the tofu litter. Not that absorbing.

Common clumping litter means lots of litter dust. But my older cats are used to it, so meipanfa.

Costco’s litter was never my favorite. I prefer Arm and Hammer.

To keep odor low if using clumping litter line it first with deodorizing powder, several brands.

1 Like

Would baking soda work to deodorize the litter?

It is good to clean the litter box but I wouldn’t use it raw as deodorizer.

Cats are very sensitive. At best he’ll get litter box aversion because of the smell, at worst it could make him sick.

I got bigger problems. Cat thinks my leg is like the biggest, juiciest prey there is and nothing, including toys, laser pointers, etc. will convince him otherwise. And he’s biting harder and harder and he’s steeping up his aggression too. What can I do about this?

This is what I use, gives the house a nice pine wood smell :slight_smile:

I flush the solids as they happen, then shake the tray every time he pees (so the used sawdust falls to the bottom and is covered up by the fresh stuff)

Can get away with emptying it every 5 days or so (the bottom layer - you can keep the fresh wood on top)

1 Like

He is too small and needed socialization to curb those impulses. Do not hit or scream at him, his mother would just grab him by the scruff and remove him to calms him down.

Kittens have a lot of energy and need a lot of attention and activities to spend that energy. Normally, he would have his siblings to play with. Now he has only you. You need to engage in play with him, you need to show him there are more fun things than your leg. Use laser pointer to play with him, things that move, not static toys. Spend an hour or so in play.

Moreover, cats need to climb to feel safe. He is climbing you. Give him something else to climb. Give him a window to look out.

Costco is having a sale on Arm and Hammer kitty litter right now. 100nt off its list price.