KMT in financial mayhem

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003290635

How did they manage in the past? If they can’t manage now, it looks as they did it with the country’s money … but then maybe not …

[quote]KMT pleads poverty over annual bonuses
By Mo Yan-chih
STAFF REPORTER
Wednesday, Jan 25, 2006,Page 3

The Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) yesterday said that it was in extreme financial trouble and will not pay year-end bonuses to party workers.

“We are in really bad shape. A lot of party workers will retire on Feb. 28, and that will cost us over NT$2 billion (US$62.5 million)… It is difficult for the party to offer a year-end bonus,” said KMT Chairman Ma Ying-jeou (馬英九) yesterday morning after presiding over a municipal meeting as Taipei mayor.

The party gave a one-month bonus to all 1,300 party workers last year, which translated to about NT$80 million in total.

Meanwhile, party workers lashed out at the KMT for failing to offer a bonus while collecting about NT$14 billion from the sale of party assets.

The KMT sold the Institute of Policy Research and Development, Chunghua Open Hospital and three media outlets last year. While this generated over NT$14 billion, KMT Spokeswoman Cheng Li-wen (鄭麗文) said the profits will hardly cover the party’s expenses. [/quote]

Excuses! Excuses! Ma wants to fire all these hard working KMT members, but he also wants them to work for free!? If I was any smarter or one of the blue followers, I would tell them to pay up or see me in court, motherf*ckers!!

The truth is KMT got tons of money. They sold a lot of expansive stuffs that belong to the Taiwanese people, but somehow those end up in their pockets. Oh, they got money. They just want to see how dumb arse blue followers are!!

Let me tell you… those blue followers think they are so smart because they are Han Chinese, but what’s funny is they get screwed the most by their very own!! :unamused:

[quote=“Iron_Jackal_Tw”]Excuses! Excuses! Ma wants to fire all these hard working KMT members, but he also wants them to work for free!? If I was any smarter or one of the blue followers, I would tell them to pay up or see me in court, motherf*ckers!!

The truth is KMT got tons of money. They sold a lot of expansive stuffs that belong to the Taiwanese people, but somehow those end up in their pockets. Oh, they got money. They just want to see how dumb arse blue followers are!!

Let me tell you… those blue followers think they are so smart because they are Han Chinese, but what’s funny is they get screwed the most by their very own!! :unamused:[/quote]

Woah, easy there fella. Sure, you’re passionate against the Pan Blues it seems, but when you’re too passionate, you look just as ugly as the very people you’re hating on.

I call it the “pointing rule”. Point and accuse your enemy, see a few of your own fingers point at yourself. Of course, granted, I’m sometimes guilty of my own advice.

Perhaps it’s a catch 22. Now that the KMT is shying away from supporting gangsters, less money from them comes in to the party, so less money can go to the party workers, is it?

Also, this support of China must be a big drain. After all, businessmen who support reunification must be investing in China. With their capital in China, they can’t support the KMT; they must give a cut to China’s communist party members or close family of communist party members. Now there’s not enough money to keep the KMT party workers happy.

Just some ideas… Anyone else?

[quote=“twocs”]Perhaps it’s a catch 22. Now that the KMT is shying away from supporting gangsters, less money from them comes in to the party, so less money can go to the party workers, is it?

Also, this support of China must be a big drain. After all, businessmen who support reunification must be investing in China. With their capital in China, they can’t support the KMT; they must give a cut to China’s communist party members or close family of communist party members. Now there’s not enough money to keep the KMT party workers happy.

Just some ideas… Anyone else?[/quote]
Not far off. We’ve paid the 10 year lease on our factory property, in China, 3 times in the last 7 years. I’m sure the money has benefited the local governor vastly.

“We”, huh? You sure you’re getting all the facts there?

Pray tell what part of China offers 10-year land-leases for industrial land?

[quote=“cctang”]“We”, huh? You sure you’re getting all the facts there?

Pray tell what part of China offers 10-year land-leases for industrial land?[/quote]
I am not knowledgeable about this, but when the company I worked for in Dongguan wanted to move into new digs on the same industrial estate, the local government/party guys were very keen to sell us on a ten year agreement rather than a five year deal as we had done before. I have no idea what the standard practice or law is. Maybe a better question would be: “Who would want to sign an industrial land lease on the mainland for ten years?” Markets and companies are growing (and folding in plenty of cases) so fast that bosses don’t want to commit to a certain location for too long.

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”][quote=“twocs”]Perhaps it’s a catch 22. Now that the KMT is shying away from supporting gangsters, less money from them comes in to the party, so less money can go to the party workers, is it?

Just some ideas… Anyone else?[/quote]
Not far off. We’ve paid the 10 year lease on our factory property, in China, 3 times in the last 7 years. I’m sure the money has benefited the local governor vastly.[/quote]

Source?