Kombucha

http://kombuchahome.com/what-to-do-with-extra-scobys/

#### Make a SCOBY Stir-Fry

strips of scoby

You might hear people call a SCOBY a “mushroom” – so why not treat it like a mushroom? You can slice up a SCOBY into thin strips and add it to a stir-fry along with sliced fresh vegetables.

I think that’s much better than this:

#### Try Jerking SCOBY

You can turn thin layers of SCOBYs into vegan “beef jerky” when you marinate them and dry them. Very thin layers will dry more quickly and evenly, so be sure to divide the SCOBY before putting the layers in the marinade. You can use your favorite marinade recipe, or try this spicy one:

* 1/3 cup honey
* 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/3 cup Sriracha or other chili sauce
* 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
* 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and toss with the SCOBY layers to coat thoroughly, then refrigerate overnight. Put in one layer on the rack of a dehydrator and dry for 3-5 hours at medium-low.

Hi, I apologize for being so late to this thread. A couple years ago I was looking for kombucha in Taipei and it was so hard to find. I finally decided to start making it myself. You can check out kaikombucha.com. We’re on tap in a couple spots in Taipei and we’ll have bottles available through the website soon. If anyone is looking for some SCOBY just send me a message and I’ll hook you up.

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let me know when you is selling bottles bro. I likes me some good kombucha.

1 Like

I’d be curious to try it, +1 waiting for bottles.

1 Like

I got a new, fresh scoby and I will start to brew again. And I still have some kombucha from… A year ago, in my brewing tank. Out of curiosity and full of excitement I opened it yesterday. It punched me in the face, super strong smell. Not many people would drink thst!

But I did. And tonight again.

Pure vinegar. Drinking off a car’s battery can’t be much different xD

Will produce again and maybe mead too… Just in case anyone wants some bottle(s).

just for clarification, is it giving away? Or are you trying to sell it out?

Sold out would be great indeed :slight_smile:

Package deal with your dvd might attract someone.

1 Like

If anyone is looking for Kombucha, you can definitely get it from Kai Kombucha. I know Ross, the owner, and he is always brewing and selling. You can buy it online or send him an email. All ingredients are from Taiwan except for the blueberries, raspberries and yeast!

CONTACT@KAIKOMBUCHA.COM

2 Likes

Check out my blog post about where to buy kombucha in Taipei: https://www.attorney-on-a-journey.com/post/where-to-find-kombucha-in-taipei

2 Likes

Costco has it now. Raw, organic kombucha.

1 Like

Nice! I need to get back to that and I’m scared of whatever I’m going to find living in my tank when I dare to open it again!

Does anyone know where to find SCOBY? I know that you can grow it from using another bottle as the starter, but that usually takes at least a month and the first batches of kombucha come out really weak.

Do a search on Carousell. Lots of folks selling scoby

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t know about that platform. :star_struck:

I personally like Daoori Kombucha. Super refreshing, good flavors, and comes in a can. www.daoori.com

1 Like