Korean in KTV

This might be impossible, but are there ANY Ktv’s in Taipei which have Korean lyrics? I’d like to know because everytime I go to Cashbox or Vmix, they have lots of Korean songs in CHINESE, yet Japanese songs in Japanese.

I want to sing Korean, but it seems pretty hopeless because everything that comes from Korea is translated. FUck.

If anyone knows of any in Taipei, Please let me knowwww, I will certaintly appreciate it!

I’ve never been to a KTV, but my understanding is that there’s no words, just the music, and you sing the words yourself. Right? If so, wouldn’t it be possible, the next time you’re at a KTV, to make a note (pun intended) of any Korean songs they have, go home and look them up on the 'net, print out the lyrics and there you go.
That would work wouldn’t it?

Wrong.

The words, lyrics, are always superimposed in whatever language – Japanese, Korean, Chinese, English – on the bottom of the screen, Sandman, in every KTV or karaoke joint in the world. It is not just music, it is music and words.

Cornelldeli:

There is one Korea karaoke joint in the Linsen North Road area where many Japanese karaoke joints are located, on one of those small lanes there. Ask one of the local madams there, she will point you in the right direction. The words on the screen in that Korean place are in Korean, right! Lots of Korean businessmen go there. And the hostesses are Korean women, too.

Wrong.

The words, lyrics, are always superimposed in whatever language – Japanese, Korean, Chinese, English – on the bottom of the screen, Sandman, in every KTV or karaoke joint in the world. It is not just music, it is music and words.
[/quote]
Yes, but the music’s the same, and there’s no actual singing on the tape, just the music, right? So if you had printouts of the words to the songs in Korean, you could just ignore the words on the screen and use your lyric sheet, I would have thought. Hell, you could even memorise the words if it came to that.

Corneldesi, your problem has been solved!

Lane119,

You are a life saver! Thanks a lot, Really happy there is actually a place to sing Korean.

However, I am not too sure even where the Japanese ktv joints are located relative to anything on linshen north road. Is there an intersection or main street it is close to— ???

Man… i’m happy

[quote=“cornelldesi”]Lane119,

You are a life saver! Thanks a lot, Really happy there is actually a place to sing Korean.

However, I am not too sure even where the Japanese ktv joints are located relative to anything on linshen north road. Is there an intersection or main street it is close to— ???

Man… I’m happy[/quote]
Lane119 is joking, unless of course I have misinterpreted your interest in Korean music. The Korean KTV mentioned is a sex KTV, as most or all on Linshen Bei Lu are.

Baba, that was 20 years ago. These places now are just casual karaoke pubs for Japanese / Korean / Taiwanese salarimen to drink, socialize and hump the furniture. No sex, please. Unless you “know” something. Dish!

Korean KTV

http://www.pinkystar.com/pds/contents/solo/200402/tws4.wmv