Korean Protester Kills Himself in Cancun

The man stabbed himself at the WTO talks. See here and here.

Tough titty said the kitty.

What’s your point? Or are you taking lessons from “I-post-topics-on-everything-I-see-in-the-media” formosa? :? :unamused:

What’s your point? Or are you taking lessons from “I-post-topics-on-everything-I-see-in-the-media” formosa? :? :unamused:[/quote]

Sorry, Maoman, I will make a point. It strikes me that I see a lot of reports of extreme protests by Koreans, but very few by Taiwanese. I think the most vivid example was a few years ago when more than a dozen Koreans hacked off their pinky fingers in downtown Seoul, wrapped them in a Japanese flag and then delivered that flag to the Japanese embassy. This was in protest of how Japanese textbooks portrayed that country’s colonization of Korea. No such protest took place in Taiwan.

(Maoman, is that better?)

Regarding militant Korean workers and their effect on business:

taipeitimes.com/News/biz/arc … 2003067560

Anyway, I’d rather die in Cancun than Pusan.

True, but I’d rather die because I enjoyed myself too much with the food and drink, not because I stabbed myself and left my organization leaderless.

Thank God no Taiwanese would ever be this stupid (I guess… :? )

Many of us have been unaware but we’ve been visited by aliens from S. Korea. I ran into one the other night near Roxy 99… they seem to find Taiwan (and it’s cute xiao-jies) a down to earth place compared to Han-Guo.

:sunglasses:

Can someone explain why Korea is called Han-guo? It’s confusing because the Chinese are the Han, yes? Not the Koreans.

Some (deranged) people might think that this guy’s tactic worked, since Korean went on to beat Portugal and make it to the semis. Are we going to have more people wanting to be ghosts in 2006?

[quote=“mod lang”]Can someone explain why Korea is called Han-guo? It’s confusing because the Chinese are the Han, yes? Not the Koreans.[/quote]韓 and 漢 are just homonyms… like so many homonyms in Chinese… deliberately created just to confuse us foreigners :imp: