Krispy Kreme in Xinyi

Crispy Creme Doughnuts is open in Xinyi and there is one helluva a line. don’t see what is so special about it that people will wait for hours to buy food from them.

It’s new man…new!

Maybe they don’t just look pretty but actually taste of something :popcorn:

It’s definitely Krispy Kreme. For sure.

'dems some nice, fluffy, sweet donuts, and I’ll be going to get some of my own, but not worth standing in line for, which by the way, is a direct correlation to the boredom that people have to deal with living in Taipei.

i had enough of krispy kreme for a lifetime back in California…

So, is “Crispy Creme” another Taiwanese ripoff chain like KLC or Subber?

Is it the real, real Krispy Kreme or is a taiwanese version named Crispy Creme that is going to offer almost the same products with some alterations and strange ingredients and chemical stuff galore?

Its the real deal. They even have a setup transition team of foreigners working there.
They did not change the recipe of the original on their menu. However, they have additional flavors to meet the tastes of Taiwanese.
I waited 1 hour and 30 minutes last night and was VERY disappointed. Half of the donuts on their menu were not available. Their old fashioned cake donuts looked delicious on their menu but they only had original, original with sprinkles, peanut butter, green tea and cheesecake. So I got a couple of the originals. The hot light was on, which means they are supposed to be served fresh and warm, but they were ice cold.
I wont be going back…at least not anytime soon.
My wife tried one and hated it…was way too sweet and she didnt like the soft texture. I really think they are not going to last long here.

[quote]
My wife tried one and hated it…was way too sweet and she didnt like the soft texture. I really think they are not going to last long here.[/quote]

this is what baffled me. i would think crispy creme is too sweet for local tastes. not sure why they didn’tcchange the recipe a bit.

Dunking donuts tried at least twice to introduce that type of donut, failed both times.

[quote=“nonredneck”][quote]
My wife tried one and hated it…was way too sweet and she didnt like the soft texture. I really think they are not going to last long here.[/quote]

this is what baffled me. I would think crispy creme is too sweet for local tastes. not sure why they didn’tcchange the recipe a bit.[/quote]

Cause the American owners did not do research. Fact. They seem also to believe in consistency.
When Dunkin announced to redraw, KK knew they had an opportunity being the sole competitor on scale.
So, they found a company ( whom had no clue on how to go into food business) offered a distribution ship ( for a capital investment in return) and started looking for venues. Originally, their plan was to open 5 to 10 stores in 12 months, but for illuster reasons, this has now been reduced if the info I got is correct.

How long they will last? The Taiwanese taste buds of the rich and obese go " sugar" anyway, so staying they will .
What is their price point for the original glazed ones? I hope around 25 NTD with a 10+ 2 offer like in Manila …

Dunkin donuts were sickly sweet to the point of being inedible. If Krispy Kreme is similar, then once the initial hype dies down they may struggle.

I don’t think there exists a donut sweeter than Dunkin … but second probably belongs to Krispy Kreme.

FWIW, I’m the kind of health nut that only comes from having been an abusive American druggie throughout the 1970’s; probably ain’t any more insufferable health nut than my age group. So I ain’t a big donut fan, I go in for kale and broccoli, whole grain this whole grain that, fresh only etc blah blah blah. I can bore the shit out of anybody, believe me; at 58 I have the blood pressure and standing heart rate to prove it.

The only doughnuts I have ever craved outside my adolescence are those made at Duck Doughnuts in Duck, North Carolina, USA. Not too sweet, chewy, buttery, huge-ass cake doughnuts that I actually go out of my way to buy when I’m anywhere close. To die for, I swear, even a day later.

/tommy

But back to Krispy Kreme. KK are remarkable in their first five minutes, maybe ten. Any older and the magic goes away quick.

[quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“nonredneck”][quote]

this is what baffled me. I would think crispy creme is too sweet for local tastes. not sure why they didn’tcchange the recipe a bit.[/quote]

Cause the American owners did not do research. Fact. They seem also to believe in consistency.
When Dunkin announced to redraw, KK knew they had an opportunity being the sole competitor on scale.
So, they found a company ( whom had no clue on how to go into food business) offered a distribution ship ( for a capital investment in return) and started looking for venues. Originally, their plan was to open 5 to 10 stores in 12 months, but for illuster reasons, this has now been reduced if the info I got is correct.

How long they will last? The Taiwanese taste buds of the rich and obese go " sugar" anyway, so staying they will .
What is their price point for the original glazed ones? I hope around 25 NTD with a 10+ 2 offer like in Manila …[/quote]

They are asking
$30 per original doughnut or $300 per dozen
$40 for other flavors or $350 per dozen
Original double dozen special: $550
Assorted double dozen special: $650
Original assorted double dozen: $600
Coffee: $75 to $125
Hot Chocolate: $110-$125
Tea: $85-$120
Smoothie (chiller): $105-$125
Hot or cold milk: $90

Flavors they are offering on their menu:
Original Glazed
Chocolate Iced Glazed
Chocolate Iced with Sprinkles
Strawberry Iced Glazed
Green Tea Striped Glazed
Peanut Butter Iced Glazed
Cookies and Cream
Cookie Crunch
Caramel Creme Cheese
New York Cheesecake
Cookie and Chocolate Cheesecake
Strawberry Cheesecake
Caramel Latte Filled
Powdered Strawberry Filled
Chocolate Iced Custard Filled
Glazed Chocolate Cake (old fashioned)
Glazed Vanilla Cake (old fashioned)
Chocolate Walnut Cake

But…
Last night they didnt have half of those available

Nor will they ever.

Here’s what will happen

• media paid off, crowds of eager ‘consumers’ converge on the latest fast food junk from the US

• people eat it, buy a box for colleagues , everybody pretends to like it , think its a bit expensive and sweet and too soft, prefer QQ Mr donut

• sales go well first 6 months or year at most as people try It once

• sales start to tail off, food ingredients become localized, original flavours die off , red bean and weird sticky stuff appears

• locals still think its too expensive for the same thing as in the night market, anyway KK is not new anymore and mister donut is better

• franchisee and KK start arguing about losses and strategy, relationship breaks down

• shut down overnight

Give it two years at most :slight_smile: as donuts have been done in Taiwan and people are looking for something a little bit healthier.

Like deep fried sweet rolls with greasy sweet mayonnaise … and ‘healthy’ salad …

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

People are lining up because ever since Dunkin Donuts inexplicably pulled out, people have been having a hankering for donuts.

Good to see that “mochi rings” are NOT on their menu, and that they sell by the traditional dozen (the way boxes of donuts are supposed to be sold), not by the ridiculous “ten”.

No Lemon Meringue Pie :’(

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Nor will they ever.

Here’s what will happen

• media paid off, crowds of eager ‘consumers’ converge on the latest fast food junk from the US

• people eat it, buy a box for colleagues , everybody pretends to like it , think its a bit expensive and sweet and too soft, prefer QQ Mr donut

• sales go well first 6 months or year at most as people try It once

• sales start to tail off, food ingredients become localized, original flavours die off , red bean and weird sticky stuff appears

• locals still think its too expensive for the same thing as in the night market, anyway KK is not new anymore and mister donut is better

• franchisee and KK start arguing about losses and strategy, relationship breaks down

• shut down overnight

Give it two years at most :slight_smile: as donuts have been done in Taiwan and people are looking for something a little bit healthier.[/quote]

Wow, It is rather depressing to read that, HH. The absolute truth portrayed in such a very succinct manner can be quite disconcerting. :popcorn: