Kunming Train Station Massacre

edition.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world … ?hpt=hp_c2

Holy shit, what is with China and knife attacks, what a gruesome way to go about killing a whole lot of people.

Be interesting to see how the government plays this, with everything going on in Crimea this seems rather convenient timing wise.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]http://edition.CNN.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Holy shit, what is with China and knife attacks, what a gruesome way to go about killing a whole lot of people.

Be interesting to see how the government plays this, with everything going on in Crimea this seems rather convenient timing wise.[/quote]
Muslims. Extremists. Muslim Extremists.

This is nothing to do with the Chinese.

This was s bunch of savage Muslims acting in accordance with islam, the religion of peace. Let’s not pretend it’s anything else.

Let’s start being honest!

[quote=“Htc One”]This is nothing to do with the Chinese.

This was s bunch of savage Muslims acting in accordance with islam, the religion of peace. Let’s not pretend it’s anything else.

Let’s start being honest![/quote]

Who knows. This is China. Could have been rogue gov’t security forces, state-sanctioned gov’t security forces, people protesting pollution and land grabs, people protesting their right to pollute and grab land, meth-heads, foreign imperialists, or aliens. Anything’s possible.

Shitting hell. I predict two weeks of checking id when people get on trains.

[quote=“finley”][quote=“Htc One”]This is nothing to do with the Chinese.

Let’s start being honest![/quote]

Who knows. This is China. Could have been rogue gov’t security forces, state-sanctioned gov’t security forces, people protesting pollution and land grabs, people protesting their right to pollute and grab land, meth-heads, foreign imperialists, or aliens. Anything’s possible.[/quote]

:roflmao:

Take it as evidence that gun control in China is effective.

Sad to hear that madness took victims again. Kunming is the first city in China I visited, and it’s a quite quiet place. Sorry to to hear these news.

True that. Consider: 10 men, a few secondhand Makarovs, 8 rounds to a clip. That’d be a lot more dead bodies.

True that. Consider: 10 men, a few secondhand Makarovs, 8 rounds to a clip. That’d be a lot more dead bodies.[/quote]

Did I miss something…?

Weren’t these islamic nutters armed with fcking long knives…?

Stabbing innocent women and children.

Scumbags!!!

True that. Consider: 10 men, a few secondhand Makarovs, 8 rounds to a clip. That’d be a lot more dead bodies.[/quote]

Mumbai comes to mind.

Now, explain to me what stabbing children accomplishes, whether it is in allegedly Alah’s name and/or politics? For separatists, making brownie points seems at odds with enraging the local population with acts like these. Does not seem… logical. If a suicide mission, wouldn’t some military target make more sense? We are missing something.

And why the heck always the children getting stabbed in China?! I turn the TV news, first thing is a kid’s shoe… :cry:

in re: gun control, the splashback we’re getting in the States from our gun nutters is, of course, “Look! Even though there’s gun control, people can still kill large numbers of people! Therefore, gun control is useless!”

They also have no idea what the environment is like in a really big station in China like that. I don’t think you could escape if someone wanted to club you to death with a cudgel, they’re so crowded.

Quite possibly. Hence my flippant comment earlier. There’s more to this than meets the eye, I imagine. You don’t really expect psychopaths to be logical, but you expect them to have some sort of aim in mind. Making people hate whatever you stand for doesn’t seem very sensible. Unless, of course, they were just slaughtering random infidels.

I doubt we’ll ever find out what their motivations were. They’ll disappear quietly, and the gov’t will release some implausible BS to keep the journalists happy.

Did I miss something…?

Scumbags!!![/quote]

That would be the easy answer, but there are a lot of angry Morelocks in China.

From reports online it seems there are regularly incidents in xinjiang that are fairly similar to this, but they usually take out some police first not civilians or the violence is supposedly part of a riot. But it’s a real information black hole. This attack was really gruesome.

[quote=“finley”][quote=“Icon”]Does not seem… logical. We are missing something.[/quote] You don’t really expect psychopaths to be logical, but you expect them to have some sort of aim in mind. Making people hate whatever you stand for doesn’t seem very sensible. Unless, of course, they were just slaughtering random infidels.
[/quote]

“Odoreaters for dumb mutants” - Caligula

Quite possibly. Hence my flippant comment earlier. There’s more to this than meets the eye, I imagine. You don’t really expect psychopaths to be logical, but you expect them to have some sort of aim in mind. Making people hate whatever you stand for doesn’t seem very sensible. Unless, of course, they were just slaughtering random infidels.

I doubt we’ll ever find out what their motivations were. They’ll disappear quietly, and the gov’t will release some implausible BS to keep the journalists happy.[/quote]

Too many psychopaths all together. But working together? Even for China, any implausible explanation is pushing it.

That “slaughtering random infidels” is still pushing it in terms of explanations. I am preferring rival gangs fighting in the crowded train station, civilians caught in the crossfire. Sounds more par de course.

[quote=“Icon”]
That “slaughtering random infidels” is still pushing it in terms of explanations. I am preferring rival gangs fighting in the crowded train station, civilians caught in the crossfire. Sounds more par de course.[/quote]

Random infidels get slaughtered all the time. There are certain neighborhoods where a random infidel should never go.

Did I miss something…?

Scumbags!!![/quote]

As opposed to PRC’s military and police shooting innocent women and children in East Turkistan? Terrorism is horrible, but frankly when two sides are so dis-proportionally matched, and the stronger sides goes on killing innocent people, you can bet on terrorism taking place.

If Tibetans aren’t Buddhists, there’d be way more terrorist acts in China, but instead they just burn themselves to death…

My father is in Kunming attending a Jewelry fair, located just beside the Train station.
He told me that when he went in to set up his booth that morning, he was greeted in Arabic (Salaam-Walaikum) by 2 people outside the station.
Which is very odd, but then again he and his team are all brown folks. He thinks those 2 guys might be some of the attackers.
Luckily they left in a cab after the fair as they were too tired. No outbound trains so they are stuck there for now.