Kunming Train Station Massacre

The place will be heavily policed, I guess? It may be safer than usual: the 2nd is a public holiday, so they will be on red alert.

Yep. Yeah, security has really deteriorated here in the past couple years. Must be far more vigilante.

Horrible, really sorry to hear that. Please stay safe.

Damn,take care of yourselves.

No shortage of very visible police on Taipei trains last couple of days. Still no guarantee of security, though. But more police than I knew Taipei had on tap.

There’s a lot of police activity today. I got my two bikes fined for parking in a red area!!!

(they were one beside another)

There is one TRA/MRT police officer for every 1400 commuters. So they must be again pulling resources from the South…

Well, in response to the latest terrorist attack by Uyghurs the Chinese are now creating their own chaos in Beijing:

businessinsider.my/beijings- … es-2014-5/

They have also amazingly found and tried 55 people just 4 days after the attack in Urumqi. Wow, you’d think if they had such great intelligence to be able to find terrorist they could also use that to prevent attacks.

what an absolutely perfect place to blow yourself up!

thanks CCP mandarins.

(CCP = completely crap place)

[quote=“Mucha Man”]Well, in response to the latest terrorist attack by Uyghurs the Chinese are now creating their own chaos in Beijing:

They have also amazingly found and tried 55 people just 4 days after the attack in Urumqi. Wow, you’d think if they had such great intelligence to be able to find terrorist they could also use that to prevent attacks.[/quote]

Something about that picture reminds me of this:

I know. If I wasn’t on my way to China I would be laughing.

55 Uighurs just found guilty in a mass show trial in a stadium in Xinjiang, some sentenced to death.

very quick, hey? “lets show that justice is being done finally”.

Yeah, sure.

[quote=“Gryphon”]
Something about that picture reminds me of this:
[/quote]
:laughing:

[quote=“Mucha Man”]Well, in response to the latest terrorist attack by Uyghurs the Chinese are now creating their own chaos in Beijing:

Crap. I’m honestly not sure if I could get through that line without having a panic attack. There’d definitely be a few bouts of cold sweats and dizziness.

'Mare. Want to be paid a lot to live in Beijing!

only poor people take the subway, so it doesn’t matter.

It does in Beijing! Takes hours to drive around the place.

[quote=“urodacus”]55 Uighurs just found guilty in a mass show trial in a stadium in Xinjiang, some sentenced to death.

very quick, hey? “lets show that justice is being done finally”.

Yeah, sure.[/quote]

It’s only going to radicalize more people. Last week they were detaining children for questioning.

Amazing how China had no intelligence capability to prevent these attacks but within 4 days they can gather up the evidence to find the perps and declare them guilty. Amazing.

Also whatever sympathy they had from the west over the attacks is now evaporating. “Well, I guess you reap what you sow,” is what a lot of people will think now.

China… sigh …yet my boss keeps going on about how Taiwan is doomed and she hopes her child can go to work to China soon…

Some Gongan police are now lifting niqab off women’s face in Xinjiang (East Turkistan). One such incident on June 4th caused two Gongan to be injured, and their backup shot dead 5. Another similar incidence took place May 29th, where 1 Gangan was killed and their backup killed 2 while injruing 5. China has now placed a ban on wearing burqas or niqabs.