Kwak Z1000

Accounting to some of the comments for the $290,000, that is just a starting bid price, and the bike is not plated yet. Meaning you still need to pay another $80,000 to get it plated, plus taxes.

And Skylarkpuma’s comments are correct, especially the first point. I have been fortunate enough to encounter this situation twice. Both my Kwaks I bought mint with under 1,600km on them. Both times I asked the previous owner why they were selling, and they told me that the bikes were too much for them. Both riders being fairly new to riding. That’s why I rather buy from private (individual) sellers, than from a shop or dealer. Plus with private sellers there is more room for bargaining.

Strange place this.

“Yes, sir, litre Kwacker, perfect fist bike!”

“OK! I’ll take it. Is it automatic or manual?”

Screech. Bang.

Yep…that happened at the local big bike shop…the owner showed me the scratch marks in the middle of the road…on the concrete divider. Some rich guy buys a liter sports bike…rides it out the front door and doesn’t know how to turn it…goes straight into the divider…prettty funny shit. The owener tried talking him out of buying it…but the guy said since the 600 and the 1000 are about the same price (not a big difference) then he’d be stupid to get the 600…hehe.

That’s so true. I love seeing guys come into my buddies shop and asking about bike prices. Usually it is their first bike, and they are looking for a 600cc bike. But when they hear that a 600cc cost around $430,000 - $450,000 and that a 1000cc is just a bit more, they figure, why not just go for the 1000cc. Plus they think that since the tax has been lowered it’s even more an incentive to get the bigger bike.

I think it has to do with the more is better attitude Asians in particular have toward everything. My mom used to always buy shoes that were one size bigger for me when I was a kid. She figured that I would grow into them, saving on buying another pair when I outgrew the present pair. However, it was always the case that I would wear them out before my feet grew to fit them properly. So for many years I wore loose fitting shoes. Sorry, way off topic. My point is that people here don’t consider buying what is suitable for them or their skills, the ideal of bigger is better always sway their decisions. But this is coming from a guy who owns a 1000cc green suicide machine.

[quote=“KawasakiRider”]That’s so true. I love seeing guys come into my buddies shop and asking about bike prices. Usually it is their first bike, and they are looking for a 600cc bike. But when they hear that a 600cc cost around $430,000 - $450,000 and that a 1000cc is just a bit more, they figure, why not just go for the 1000cc. Plus they think that since the tax has been lowered it’s even more an incentive to get the bigger bike.

I think it has to do with the more is better attitude Asians in particular have toward everything. My mom used to always buy shoes that were one size bigger for me when I was a kid. She figured that I would grow into them, saving on buying another pair when I outgrew the present pair. However, it was always the case that I would wear them out before my feet grew to fit them properly. So for many years I wore loose fitting shoes. Sorry, way off topic. My point is that people here don’t consider buying what is suitable for them or their skills, the ideal of bigger is better always sway their decisions. But this is coming from a guy who owns a 1000cc green suicide machine.[/quote]

I second that!..as far as your green machine goes…you’ve paid your dues bro…and it’s not your first bike!..so you’re in the clear on this one!