Kymco Quannon

[quote=“TaipeiSean”]How would it compare to my 1996 NSR150…
…[/quote]

You can’t even compare them bro, they are completely different. Your question should be, how to they compare to the FZR.

Not worth the money at half the price…

Thanks.

Not too much positive input about them in here. I guess that’s why this thread had drifted so far back into oblivion and when I posted my original question about the Quannon, it was deleted or moved.

Anyway, that’s too bad, I kind of liked the look of them. Actually saw two of them today parked on the sidewalk near my work. Anyone seen one out at TIS before…

Seen them on Ebay for around NT$80,000 second hand. Thought it was a bit pricey…

Yes seen one at TIS, it sucks, really gutless, you’re a man thats a childs toy, try my bike next time, its only a 250 but I used to ride from off-road KX, KDX to on-road ZZR, VFR, GSXR’s and SV so i’m not easily pleased and for my 98K there is nothing better legally available in Taiwan, its a comfortable ride on Taiwans nasty roads while at the same time a class winner at TIS and its easy to ride around the track, I did 90minutes straight and only got off when they told me to get off cause i was taking the piss with my 20minute ticket on the weekday haha.

If you are ready to give up the popcorn machine high rev thrill you’re welcome to the low rev high torque thumper thrill of the SM250, if you have a height problem then the guy that preps the bike for the racetrack has a mod to make it lower.

Ha, would love to have a go of ya bike, but let me get better at my bike on the track first… Not sure if I caould do that sideways back wheel lock up stuff with being thrown of the bike into the tyres or trees. Wouldn’t mind going for a bash on ya bike around a motorcross track though…

So you can go out and have sessions at TIS during weekdays?

Its easier to ride it on the racetrack than you may think, the motox track is absolute murder…

Yeah TIS is open all week from Tuesday at 9am, they even give you some extra time on your ticket if its quiet.

[quote=“TaipeiSean”]Thanks.
Anyone seen one out at TIS before…

…[/quote]

Yeah the there is a girl out there that gets first place all the time on one. I cant think of her name, but she is the fastest girl rider in Taiwan, and the first person in Taiwan to get paid for track events as a job. (thats what I heard.) Also she is on the same team as Temple. I would never buy or ride a Quannon, but she sure rocks the shit out of hers. She might be running faster than Temple and I too.

yea she won the mc4ta class with a Quannon, but its not really a quannon anymore… It’s been modified as much as possible. Her name is liu jun mei btw. I’ll find out the times once they get posted up. She does win however on whatever she rides. Kymco has been asking them to promote the bike. But yea i agree the stock quannon is gutless. It has been nice though to see more sportbikes out on the street. They’re starting to gain popularity.

The bike or your height? :astonished: If the latter, does he take it off the bottom or the top?

The bike or your height? :astonished: If the latter, does he take it off the bottom or the top?[/quote]

That is enitrley your choice however i recommend the bottom because while you wont be able to change gears you could still see where you are going and you can use the front brake lever as well as the most important part…the throttle

Saw a silver Quannon today out at TIS. I only noticed him as we were both riding off the track after our riding session.

Well I know he didn’t overtake me out on the track and I know that I didn’t overtake him on the track, so speedwise, I know I am not that quick so maybe the Quannon might have potential, ha, but so may my NSR once I can start riding it properly… :happybiker:

I suppose I’m kind of asking for it by posting this, but I’m totally pumped to get myself a Quannon as a daily rider.
They’re gutless, yeah. So is my VR 150, and that’s fine by me. Don’t really need guts in my regular commute, and I don’t find my current breathtaking 13HP lacking even on my way out of town. (My motorcycle power scale has totally taken a slide since I rode big bikes in Canada).

I figure it’s a good buy, and here’s why:

1. It looks damn good. The angles and other nuances are just hot. I think they took the good bits from the CBR and improved even further.
  2. It’s a local brand, which means it’s easy to find parts for (no importing from Thailand, for example), and easy to find mods for.
  3. It’s small, but that’s ideal for parking around Taipei. A little extra height would be nice. This can be done by swapping the rear shock I assume?
  4. It’s -cheap-! Buy a second-hand from two years ago and you’re looking at 70,000-76,000. The cheapest CBRs I’ve seen are around 100,000 (with most being $150,000 or so), and they’re closer to 10 years old. Hornets are even more, and don’t approximate the look. SM 250s are cheap too, but then you wouldn’t be buying a sport bike.

Everything folks say about the Quannon is true; it doesn’t really compare. You’ll beat the pants off it on the track I’m sure.
When the competition costs 50% more, I’ll go with the cheaper one, spend a bit more on mods, storage box, gear, etc., and sleep better at night knowing a bike theft won’t ruin my whole life.

I don’t mean to step on anyone’s toes. I’m quite certain that almost everybody on this board knows more about motorcycles than I do. I think my argument is that, when it comes to buying a bike for daily use, there are lots of things to consider other than performance.

I dunno. Do you think that’s reasonable logic?

i think you’re dead on. true it isnt as powerful, but i do agree, it looks pretty sweet, and God does WRRP (Wu Tian) make a million mods for that bike already. It’s as easy to find sweet mods as going to Walmart for clothes. I agree, get a 2nd hand one and you’ll be set. The nice thing is you can customize it the way you like with all the available add ons. Especially if youre not gonna be racing it, then whatever you do is gonna be cool.

I say go for it. Others might not agree, but from a purely appearance based point of view, i say its wicked and at least its a motorcycle and not a scooter.

I thought this quannon was 70k new?.
If not why even bother with it, seriously i couldnt see a single reason to shell out so much money on a crap bike in nice clothes?.
There are performance kits for it to bump up to about 230cc, but the money and work involved make it not worth it.

Save up and get the CBR150, seriously its a honda and would last forever even with a 400lb sumo guy riding it daily.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]

Save up and get the CBR150, seriously its a honda and would last forever even with a 400lb sumo guy riding it daily.[/quote]

I’m not a huge Quannon fan either, but the parts are available and I’ll bet you could find a used one for pretty cheap, maybe $50K or less. I love the CBR too, but for example one of our riders for our team has a CBR 150cc. He had a crash on it over 4 months ago and he still can’t find farrings for it. He has ordered them from Thailand and they have not come in yet. What a pain in the ass. It is getting harder to find parts, especially because they were never made here and were not that popular. Quannons are not that cheap and they are new. Some will still have a warranty as well. WRRP makes a million mods for them. It is a pain in the ass to make them fast, but who cares, you can make them handle, brake, and sound awesome just with bolt-ons. All the parts are readily available too. If you are just looking for a nice newer motorcycle, I think the quannon is a great choice.

RK,
I was going to PM you, but it seems this might be relevant to some other peoples’ interests as well.

All of the Quannons I’ve seen on Ruten/Yahoo Auctions have been $68,000+. Do you have any pointers for finding one closer to the $50,000 mark you mentioned?
The oldest of these bikes are 2007, so I didn’t imagine I could find one that cheap at this point.

Also, I’ve checked out WRRP (wrrp.com.tw for those who are looking).
They list a few parts they make for the Quannon, but I didn’t see the loads of parts that you (and a couple of other people) have mentioned. Any idea where I could find them or buy them?

The minority of Quannon fans 'round here will appreciate the info. Thanks mate!

I personally prefer the looks of the Quannon compared to the CBR. Along with the big cut in price and the availability factor involved with getting parts, my pick would be the Quannon as well. The CBR will give you better performance overall, but IMO they are both still gutless. I’d want to do some upgrades either way and I think it’d be easier to work with the Quannon. My old team, Wu Tian has built one of those to run times under a minute at TIS. Whatever you want done I’m sure they can do for u there, if ur willing to pay the price… Im sure yahoo.com.tw and ruten.com.tw also have tons of parts for sale as well.

WRRP only do little CNC things really.
You know, bits to make the bike look more… umm bling-bling.
They have a pipe and rear sets and thats about it for performance.

It shares its engine with the KTR i believe, so 230cc and about 18bhp on a high tune.
What does the stock cbr150 put out…

I can understand spares are hard to come by, but find the right dealer and its not that much of a headache, though getting stuff into taiwan without paying tax is a right pain.

Actually, Wu Tian can do whatever you need done if the price is right… They only put the stuff up on their website thats part of their brand. They are professionals and very good at modifying bikes, but its a different story dealing with them on other terms…

speaking of which, check out the new Quannon Naked