L.p.?

Hi!

My son who has been going to a regular local school only for about 8 months has been using L.P. or somthing similar to that to mean male’s private part (for producing births.) Apparently, they talked about it among the boys at school and thought that it was funny… My husband and I have no clue where that came from and why… Any ideas? How do we stop him from saying something that silly?

It is a term most commonly used by Taiwanese legislators in the IMPERIAL YUAN.

Don’t stop him, it shows great political potential.

it’s an abbreviation for lan pa which means testicles in Taiwanese. such abbreviations have become fairly common in recent years.

I was using LP all weekend on my vacation. I heard it first a few months ago. I think it’s the funniest thing in the world.

Example: “A few weeks ago, I was kicked in the LP”.
[Note: laughter follows]

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Will Small Chicken Chicken become SCC or SGG?

Just force him to say the “male’s private part (for producing births)”. This sounds much less silly than “LP”.

What’s small chicken chicken? I only know xiao3 di4di, lao3er4, and ji1ba1 (crude), I think.

What’s small chicken chicken? I only know xiao3 di4di, lao3er4, and ji1ba1 (crude), I think.[/quote]

Small chicken chicken is xiao3 gi1gi1, which has the same meaning of xiao3 di4di4/di3di2, and the others you mentioned.

This game was pretty popular among youngsters and some adults a couple years ago. LKK refers to Lao3 Kho1kho4 which is a slang “old” in Taiwanese, GY for Jee1 Wai1 (Wai1 has the same pronunciation of Y ) which has the same meaning as 機車 Jee1 Chu1(please correct my romanization, tks!) :sunglasses:

AAAAAHHHH!!!

Wode LP!

[quote=“miltownkid”]AAAAAHHHH!!!

Wode LP![/quote]This is the parenting forum, and after your incident you have no chance of being a parent, please stay on topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks! But we need to teach you Hanyu Pinyin:
The sound 肌 and 機 is ji1, not gi1, so that’s 小雞雞 xiao3 ji1ji1, and GY is ji1wai1.

And is GY stronger than 機車?

Finally, why are the locals always calling it 小 something? :fume: that’s so insulting! :laughing:

OK, mods can move us to the Learning Dirty Chinese section. :sunglasses:

OK, mods can move us to the Learning Dirty Chinese section. :sunglasses:[/quote]I’m more than happy with it here, mate. I hate it when when students scream to me “Teacher, so and so hit my little chicken!!” Damn Chinglish. That just wouldn’t work anywhere outside of Taiwan, who in the hell would understand it.

It (“LP”) is low-class. Of course, boys will be boys, and they go through a stage where words like boobies, dinky, etc. have a certain appeal. As parents, don’t be fooled by the fact that the naughty words aren’t in English, therefore they’re ok. I don’t know how strict you are, but genital references weren’t generally allowed when I was a kid, unless one was referring to an injury, in which case, rules be damned, “that baseball hit me in the nuts!” :laughing:

機車 (Ji Che, or “motorcycle”) is a nice way of saying Ji Bai, which means cunt, but the connection has already been lost, in much the same way that “screw” has lost its association with “fuck”. And saying something sucks no longer has the obscene connotation that it once had either.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
Thanks! But we need to teach you Hanyu Pinyin:
The sound 肌 and 機 is ji1, not gi1, so that’s 小雞雞 xiao3 ji1ji1, and GY is ji1wai1. [/quote]

Thanks!

Yes.

Eh… :saywhat: Actually is they’re expecting their xiao3 ji1ji1 would “grow up” someday. :sunglasses:

OK, mods can move us to the Learning Dirty Chinese section. :sunglasses:[/quote]I’m more than happy with it here, mate. I hate it when when students scream to me “Teacher, so and so hit my little chicken!!” Damn Chinglish. That just wouldn’t work anywhere outside of Taiwan, who in the hell would understand it.[/quote]

That’s true. Kids just find it funny saying it in Chinglish; they don’t know that people who’re not Taiwanese(or even some Taiwanese) have no idea what that is.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]

Finally, why are the locals always calling it 小 something? :fume: that’s so insulting! :laughing:[/quote]

Hey man, no complaints here. Let them talk about their “xiao” bits and pieces if they like. I for one will be referring to my “da” LP from here on in. :wink:

Once when I was teaching in Kaohsiung, some of my students were playing the “get the foreign teacher to say something dirty” game. They wanted me to say “ji ji tou” and thought it was real funny until the Chinese teacher came in the room and they shut up really fast.