Labor Bureau Contact Details

Hi,

Does anyone have the contact details for the foreign affairs section of the labor Bureau in Taipei.

Cheers,

Johnny

Just call 2564-3157. It’s about a 20-minute walk east from Shuanglien MRT station. They can be busy, so don’t be surprised if it takes a while to get through and talk to someone. This is the Foreign Workers’ section of the Department of Labor. It belongs to Taipei City. Someone just told me the Labor Bureau is for Taiwanese workers. (I edited this.)

Or did you mean:
The Department of Labor, Taipei City Government,
No. 1 Shifu Rd., Taipei, Taiwan 110, R.O.C.
Tel: 886-2-2720-6607
URL: english.taipei.gov.tw/labor/index.jsp

Click here to download a labour dispute application form (PDF) - in English!

Juba:
They redirected me to 2759-9659 and then noone answered the phone at 2:25pm. Have you actually spoken to them?

Thanks for your replies,

I haven’t called them as yet, however, if you look at this web site, you will find freecall numbers for lodging a complaint in various languages.

evta.gov.tw/english/workers.files/ehome6.htm

I was actually hoping to find the office phone number/extension number of a Jenny or Jennifer in the Council of labor Affairs, who is apparently very helpful.

It seems that local council offices are the representatives of CLA, where complaints should be made first. Their web sites are all a bit of a mystery.

Cheers,

Johnny

[quote=“leavingtaiwan2005”]Juba:
They redirected me to 2759-9659 and then noone answered the phone at 2:25pm. Have you actually spoken to them?[/quote]
When I needed their help, I went there in person. It works better that way, especially when you need to locate an English speaker.