Labor Insurance?

Hi, new here, just had a second daughter 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with the national labor insurance. My wife is not insured, but I am. Would I be entitled to file on her behalf? I have gone over their website and it appears that it is possible, just want to know if anyone here has experienced this and would like to share, thanks!

From the Bureau of Labor Insurance website:

Section 2 Maternity Benefits

Article 31
In case an insured person has one of the following conditions, she may claim to receive maternity benefits:
childbirth occurring more than 280 days after her insurance coverage;
premature labor occurring more than 181 days after her insurance coverage; or
miscarriage occurring more than 84 days after her insurance coverage.
In case of childbirth, premature labor, or miscarriage of the spouse of an insured person, claims may be made pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph.

Article 32
Maternity benefits are payable according to the following provisions:
In case of childbirth or premature labor of an insured person, or the spouse of an insured person, a lump sum payment of delivery expenses shall be made equivalent to 30 days’ salaries computed on the basis of the average monthly insurance salary of the insured person, in case of miscarriage, the payment shall be reduced by fifty percent.
In case of childbirth or premature labor of an insured person, she shall receive, in addition to delivery expenses, a lump sum maternity benefit equivalent to 30 days’ salaries computed on the basis of her average monthly insurance salary.
In case of a plural birth resulting from childbirth or premature labor, delivery expenses shall be increased proportionately.
In case of difficult labor when the insured person has already claimed hospitalization benefits, delivery expenses shall no longer be payable.

Hi
From what I understand, you can choose to apply through whichever spouse has the higher entitlement. My husband applied for both our children because he was entitled to more than I was.

Hi asiababy,

Thanks, that is what I thought as well when I read the article. I will give it a shot then and apply. Though my wife’s reading comprehension of the Chinese website differs, and I would suspect the Chinese version takes presedence over the English one.

Do you happen to know what the laws are pertaining to paternity leave? My boss is giving me a hard time about missing some days. From what I understand, I should be able to take 2 weeks leave? I need to gather up as much info as I can before I go back in on Monday. He want’s to have a ‘chat’ with me about it. So far, I’ve missed 6 working days, the rest I have been going in for half days while working from home during the rest of the time. I don’t blame him though, the company is a wreck without me :stuck_out_tongue: we are a small company.

I’ll post the follow up here for the application in case anyone here is considering the same thing.

Thanks again

Just a quick update, wife called the labor office and was told that we could no longer use the husbands insurance for coverage. Sucks, but oh well… :raspberry:

Two years ago, paternity leave was 2 days, taken either before or after the birth.
There have been some changes made to paternity leave this year so best to find the updates.

[quote=“asiababy”]Two years ago, paternity leave was 2 days, taken either before or after the birth.
There have been some changes made to paternity leave this year so best to find the updates.[/quote]

I’m looking for this information as well now. The CLA website still lists 2 days of “fraternity” leave (I wish they’d change the name).
Searching around, I found articles mentioning that some proposed legislation would increase it to 3 days, but I’m not sure if it has passed yet.