Labour insurance necessary for health Insurance?

It’s all swings and round abouts.

Then what about this whole mess about not even needing an OWP then?

The “POLICE” told me that I don’t need an OWP anymore - but then just how reliable are the Police anyway? :unamused: :wink:

The CLA has announced that it intends to make OWPs unecessary. That doesn’t mean the law has been amended.

The local police tend to be misinformed about these matters. This is especially true outside of Taipei.

I was under the impression that on May 16 it had been passed into law through all the correct departments. The news reported it as such and so did many of the members on forumosa.

What is the scoop and where are the links to show it? - Just out of interest.

Here is the link to the text of the amended law:

law.moj.gov.tw/Scripts/Query4B.a … e=N0090001

The key is Article 51. It still says that foreign spouses and permanent residents have to apply to the CLA for a permit.

[quote=“Feiren”]Here is the link to the text of the amended law:

law.moj.gov.tw/Scripts/Query4B.a … e=N0090001

The key is Article 51. It still says that foreign spouses and permanent residents have to apply to the CLA for a permit.[/quote]

whoooo!!! That went right over my head even with DR Eye and my character to zhu yin translator on. Does the beginning of Article 51 list exceptions to what ever they wrote above?

Sounds like a new way to trip everyone up.

Where did all this talk come from that spouses with a JRFV ARC need not apply for a work permit?

Why was this talk rampant in threads on Forumosa and how did we get mislead?[/b]

I’m happy to report that my previous post was incorrect.

Permament residents still have to apply for OWPs but Article 48 now says that employers do NOT have to apply for a work permit for foreign spouses. Cool!

[quote=“Feiren”]I’m happy to report that my previous post was incorrect.

Permament residents still have to apply for OWPs but Article 48 now says that employers do NOT have to apply for a work permit for foreign spouses. Cool![/quote]

Whoooo Hooooooo!!! There’ll be a ho-down tonight :smiley:

Yeah! So the Foreign Affairs Police guy was right on the money then. I guess Hartzell was too, I dug up one of his old threads about this topic too. I already had a ho-down the first time I heard about it, any excuse for a shin dig. :smiley: