Lack lustre Forumosa or just me?

It’s just not cutiing the mustard these days. I browse through the posts since last visit and I can’t find anything that turns me on enough to get into posting. Don’t take me litterally with “turned on”, ok.

Anyway, is it forumosa that isn’t sparking or is it just me?
Am I losing interest and heading for the door, I dunno, what are my choices - tealit, taipei life, Taiwan ho, - nah, no other contenders.

What used to turn you on before that isn’t there now ?

Bassman,

Things of interest will come.

Well, I did just win guanxi lotto back to back. After that I guess everything else fades into nothing. Now if I could just get the same luck with the real lotto.

What was here before, I dunno, I guess it’s the same as now. Maybe that’s the point, it’s just the same as now. Same threads disguised in different clothes, but still the same thread. Look at the drivers licences thread that just started, the same people jumped in with all the same excitement but I just couldn’t, I thought what a waste and waited for someone to post a link to the original thread in order to end the tragedy of YET another post replica.

I was going to post a whole lot of examples but I can’t be bothered… I need a holiday.

We could always use another “Visa problem” thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess there’s only so questions you can ask about getting a driving licence or a visa, and most of them have probably been asked if people would check.
Bassman, why don’t you give us something exciting to talk about. What do you do again ? Oh yeah, you’re an English teacher :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]I guess there’s only so questions you can ask about getting a driving licence or a visa, and most of them have probably been asked if people would check.
Bassman, why don’t you give us something exciting to talk about. What do you do again ? Oh yeah, you’re an English teacher :P[/quote]

I would but I am still recovering from an all time diabetic blood sugar high this week. 365 :shock: :shock: :shock: So, you guys have been missing my late night posts as I have been on sleeping pills.

Need that holiday.

Have some time away like I did. You’ll return fresh and invigorated. You can still look in once or twice a week, see what’s happening - if anything.

Maybe the Hogg should be exhumed or would you rather he stayed dead and buried?

[quote=“Spack”]Have some time away like I did. You’ll return fresh and invigorated. You can still look in once or twice a week, see what’s happening - if anything.

Maybe the Hogg should be exhumed or would you rather he stayed dead and buried?[/quote]

Boss Hogg stays in the ground.

Time away, I’d have to spend time playing catch up then and I’d be back to overposting.

The trouble with staying away is that you’ll be forgotten and when you come back you’ll be treated just like a newbie again. However, you may have noticed that I have cut back on my posting of late.

[quote=“Bassman”]Time away, I’d have to spend time playing catch up then and I’d be back to overposting.

The trouble with staying away is that you’ll be forgotten and when you come back you’ll be treated just like a newbie again.[/quote]Forget the Hoggster :shock: ? Never !
If you need a rest, you take care of yourself. We’ll keep a seat warm for you.

Not even guanxi can buy happiness!

Copy that Bassman. I’ve been away for some 3800 posts (roughly a month and a half) This is only my second reply as I sort through the muck. Nothing much has changed or improved here. Lot of vague replies, lack of hard detail, much sarcasm (but that part is good). Still though a great place to let loose with daily frustrations…annd be heard.

Offline has been much more intresting, and a lot less…opinionated. I suggest you take a break from Forumosa.

Chou

I hate to agree with Bassman, but he seems to be right.

I log in these days, and then think “Why bother, what’s the point?” Sometimes I even start typing a reply, then give up without submitting it.

I think it’s the weather. Does Taiwan have seasonal affective disorder? Or is this place really getting boring?

Agreed. If someone would actually deliver EYE-POPPING PHOTOS of BIG S or Little S or shots up A-Mei’s shorts forumosa would be a whole different kettle of fish. :?

C’mon guys. The fourm is still okay. You may have slightly unrealistic expectations.

Try to think of posting on Forumosa as shagging your wife/girlfriend. In the beginning you can’t get enough of it. This enthusiasm slowly ebbs away over time. Of course, you are going to lose interest even faster if you go at it hammer and tongs in the beginning. Bassman did this and wore himself out.

I wonder if Cold Front will be able to maintain his furious pace and appetite. He seems to relish the rough stuff.

The greatest mystery is how Sandman keeps it up. The canny lad has managed five a day (with Sundays off) for the last 2.5 years. It’s not decent. Maybe he has a supply of “bald chicken potion.”

Good genes. Your shagging the wife analogy was spot on, although I don’t get Sundays off with her. :wink:

I’m not losing any enthusiasm for that. I’ll never be able to keep up with Sandman though. Five times a day!!

I’m not losing any enthusiasm for that. I’ll never be able to keep up with Sandman though. Five times a day!![/quote]

I can’t get enough of it, I am craving for it today that is why I am here today, on my day off, at work, using the computer and posting… see how much I love this stuff!! :wink:

But Sandman, you are the man and do you have a brother?! :wink:

I manage it a few times a day too, but I always do it by myself. I often do it at work too because I get very lonely there.

I haven’t noticed that this place has got any better or any worse since a year ago.
Just looking at the stats, the number of posts per month has increased a lot. Maybe there is some kind of dilution effect, with the ‘substance threads’ spread out among the ‘froth’. Or maybe it’s just that the topics are shifting out of your range of interest, and into other people’s range of interest.

I spose if this place really was that dull you’d see a drop in the number of posts, which is a pretty good indicator of people’s interest level. Well, we’ll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, this place is better than the other places by a long long way, but it does help to take time out once in a while to recharge.