Lady X comes to Taipei

Remember the short film I was working on? Here it is…or at least here’s part 1 of 2. The whole series is 27 episodes long, one a week until mid-December; we’re doing parts 4 and 5:

“Having completed her assignment in Kelowna, Canada, Lady X crosses another ocean to continue her mission in Taipei, Taiwan. There, she activates sleeper agent Graham Fagan, instructing him to recover a curious artifact. Fagan only has a matter of hours to complete his mission, which is soon complicated by the appearance of an old “friend.” Part 1 of 2.”

To watch it, go to ladyxfilms.com/theater/e04/episode_04.shtml

I just downloaded and watched the episode of “Lady X.” (Part 4 of the series, but part 1 of the Taiwan bit ???).

Great job. I really enjoyed it. I’m not a filmmaker, but I especially enjoyed the shot with the CKS relflected in the car window–all shimmering-like and akimbo. Awesome.

Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the next installment.

I tried to download it but that bit where Dean and Dolly are fighting keeps breaking up on my Mac. I’m redownloading it again after trying to watch it on the website and getting the same thing again, TC. I had no trouble downloading any of the other films…

I think (what I’m able to see of it so far) looks great! Dean is so, Dean. And Dolly is a much better actress than I’d realized. I love her.
The fight scene seems a bit ‘soft’ without the slapping and whirring sound effects they always put in the gungfu films though.

Anyway, it’s the best of the lot so far. Of course WE DO have quite an amateur talent pool in Taiwan, don’t we? :slight_smile:
Call us the Prague of the East.

Good job, Poagao!! I hope to be able to watch the ending in a few minutes if it downloads properly this time.

Poagoa,
Good stuff. Leaves the audience wanting more. Did you film that with the Canon GL-2 video camera that you were thinking of selling a while back?

No, I sold that and bought another camera, a Panasonic AG-DVX100, and filmed it with that. Part 2, aka Episode 5, should premiere on July 1st.

Any forumosans in this? Great little piece

I can’t get the damn thing to play.

Sorry about that; I didn’t do the compression for the website. Keep trying though, or just download it all to play later.

It seems to be a problem with my computer – Quicktime says I lack a component and do I want to see if its available on the Quicktime website? I say “yes” so it says “nope. It aint available on the website. Tough shit, asshole” (or something like that), while real player says I’m totally corrupt. (it must be able to see my pron downloads)

My computer never seems to detect Quicktime despite the blue Q at the lower corner of my screen. You probably have Quicktime and the associated plug ins and don’t realize it. I declined downloading the plug in, double clicked on the movie screen box, and whallah!

It played on my Mac.

[quote=“Poagao”]Remember the short film I was working on? Here it is…or at least here’s part 1 of 2. The whole series is 27 episodes long, one a week until mid-December; we’re doing parts 4 and 5:

“Having completed her assignment in Kelowna, Canada, Lady X crosses another ocean to continue her mission in Taipei, Taiwan. There, she activates sleeper agent Graham Fagan, instructing him to recover a curious artifact. Fagan only has a matter of hours to complete his mission, which is soon complicated by the appearance of an old “friend.” Part 1 of 2.”

To watch it, go to ladyxfilms.com/theater/e04/episode_04.shtml[/quote]

Cool been wiating for this. I’m on my way now.

chou

Just viewed epsiodes 1 to 4. By far Tc’s is the coolest. DK you kung fu master, you rock. you da shit - and that guy who did the magicless magician at the cain the other night (sorry i forgot your name, will check credits again later) peter sellers got nuthin’ on you bro.

Epsiode 1 - Mari Iwasaki - Hubba, hubba, hubba.

Chou

Part 2 is online now:

"After losing the artifact he was sent to recover, sleeper agent Graham Fagan seems to have failed his mission. He has only hours to outfox his competitors and deliver the item to the mysterious Lady X, provided he can get it back. Part 2 of 2.

Will Graham be able to get the statue back from Song and Tang? Watch the action rev up as he speeds headlong into danger."

To watch, go to http://www.ladyxfilms.com/theater/e05/episode_05.shtml . You can also go to http://www.ladyxfilms.com and click the “Current Episode” link. New wallpaper and poster should be up soon as well. More production notes at http://www.poagao.org/px5.htm.

Is it possible to play it directly on line without downloading it? What is the minimum download speed for that? I have 1.5 MB/ 384K for my download and upload speeds with my ADSL here . . . . .

Just saw part 2, nice. Dean you sharpshooter you. Dissapointed there wasn’t more of that great kung fu. Must have been a sunday afternoon at malibu :wink:

Lets see more!!!

Chou

It should be viewable via adsl. Worked fine on my computer.

Unfortunately, this is the last of our episodes. The rest, which will run once a week until December, are made by other people. However, if we win the contest we get to make the finale, which will be an even bigger project.

We do plan to combine the two episodes into one film and put it on DVD, though, along with subtitle options, goofs, etc.

What pub was that? I didn’t recognize it.
Khandn, you’re a hoot in the “Matrix” type motorcycle chase scene! I thought you were going to zip over the hood of the car at one point.
Good job, guys.
More! Encore!

Good job, Poagao and the rest of the crew involved with the production. I was once again impressed.

I would like to see the DVD when it comes out.

Once again, good work. I agree with fredericka. More! More!

The pub was Malibu, in the zone. Thanks for the compliments, everyone. We had a great cast and crew.