Lafayette frigate scandal

I’m not sure if anything is new, but I’m seeing it brought up in context of France’s current anger over the US-Australia submarine deal. I don’t know enough about either situation to be sure if it’s all that relevant.

If he is wanted why are there not extradition proceedings? Even when his father was alive and was well known that he was in UK they don’t seem to have pursued extradition wholeheartedly .

The Swiss authorities transferred $138.04 million dollars to Taiwan on July 11 (2023), the ministry said in a statement, hailing “a historic breakthrough in judicial cooperation”. According to the ministry, Switzerland froze more than 20 bank accounts controlled by the Wang family between 2001 and 2003 and offered to share the seized assets.

"As Switzerland has provided assistance in this case for more than 20 years, Taiwan has agreed to share the assets with Switzerland on a 50-50 basis to facilitate cooperation”

1 Like

As some forumosans will know, this scandal dates back to the early 1990s! Better late than never, I suppose. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

Taiwan has agreed to share the assets with Switzerland on a 50-50 basis to facilitate cooperation

I guess that’ll do it.

1 Like