Lamb, sheep, goat - it's not all the same

I wanted to make lemon juice yesterday so I bought what I thought were some green lemons in the Donghu market; the sign said 無籽檸檬 (wu3 zi3 ning2 meng2 - “seedless lemon”). I did not know I was buying limes, and did not notice any difference in the taste of the juice. :idunno:

Nice, though, yeah??? :thumbsup:

It’s all pink on the inside.

Are you talking about this?

The easiest is probably to go to Breeze Super. They have them there. I have seen “seedless lemons” (Persian limes) also in local markets such as Huguang Market in Neihu, and some other markets I don’t know the names of. Not much of a price difference: around NT$10 per lime.

As for Key limes, I haven’t seen them. Sometimes I see fruits that look like them (small, spherical, green), but I’m told they’re kumquats.

That sounds more like calamanci, kumquats are tiny, orange, and kind of avocado shaped.
Grab them calamancis for addition to amber rum & cokes for a Batangas Libre :lick:

Nice, though, yeah??? :thumbsup:[/quote]

Very nice. Hard to drink unless you add a bit of sugar and a lot of water, though.

Nice, though, yeah??? :thumbsup:[/quote]

Very nice. Hard to drink unless you add a bit of sugar and a lot of water, though.[/quote]

Mama uses honey with the green lemons, hits the PERFECT balance for lemonade.

And good with rum, although I may have mentioned that somewhere else…

Don’t get me started on “wanglu” meaning “network” vs. “the Internet”. :fume: :raspberry:

Don’t get me started on “wanglu” meaning “network” vs. “the Internet”. :fume: :raspberry:[/quote]
wanglu simply means network, no more, no less.

Internet is a type of network. Some people use wanglu as a short for Internet, just as english speaker use Net as a short for the same.

Now do you want to get into DARPANET, which was the precursor of Internet? I had studied and work on the early stage of DARPANET’s communication back in the college and grad days.

The Thai stores usually sell limes. Quite a few of them round my way.

These days I tend to be more of a goat man.

[quote=“tomthorne”]The Thai stores usually sell limes. Quite a few of them round my way.

These days I tend to be more of a goat man.[/quote]

Oooooh, matron!!!

My wife buys real lamb chops in the Bin Jiang Market area (濱江市場). This is near Min Zu East Rd and Jian Guo North Rd (民族東路/建國北路)There is butcher in the area that sells them. It is real lamb. Anyone interested in the actual location we can find it for you. We live in the area and shop there often.
Also have eaten real lamb chops at Outback.

The Taiwan travel ads plastered all over Singapore would make one think otherwise. They show verdant mountain pastures dotted with sheep.

What about coffee cream and butter both seem to be called Ni you (cow oil or is it milk oil? ), what’s with cookie and chip (bing gan) A dorito, a pringles potato crisp or even the clasic chip doesn’t even resemble a cookie…