Landing Visa

A friend is coming from Seattle (U.S. passport) for a visit which may or may not last more than 14 days. I have heard some rumors that 14 day landing visas are a thing of the past but I’m a skeptic. Does anyone know if she can pick up a 14 day landing visa visa at C.K.S.? If so, can it be extended for a few days if she wants to stay a bit longer? Also, if a landing visa is available, what does it cost? As I recall my visa at TECO in Seattle was about 80.00 U.S. so it might just be better to spend the money and get at least a 30 day. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

landing visa is 30 days and i think NT1200…14 days is a visa-free visit free of charge to certain countries but certain to include USA…open to contradiction on the above but thats the situation as i understand it

Below is a stuff up on the Canadian TECO webpage. I wonder how many people got suckered?

You’re best checking here:

http://www.roc-taiwan.org/taiwan/2-visitor/visa_costom/VisitorVisa/VisitorVisa1_3.htm

VISA-Exempt Entry
Regulation of Visa-Exempt Entry for Foreign Nationals

May 2001

Eligible countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands , New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K. and U.S.A.
. . . Duration of stay:
30 days (no extension is permitted)
Disembarkation ports:
C.K.S. International Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport, Keelung Harbor, Hualien Harbor, Taichung Harbor and Kaohsiung Harbor.
The above mentioned items are subject to change without notice.

And this:

Information for Landing VISA
Regulation of Landing Visa for Foreign National
May 2001

Eligible countries for application:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea , Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K. and U.S.A.
Requirements:
(1) a passport valid for at least six months at the time of entry.
(2) a confirmed return air ticket or an air ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for his (her) departure.
(3) fill out an application form with a photo.
(4) visa fee : NT$ 1,500 dollars ( approximately C$75.00 )
(5) no criminal record verified by the airport police.
Duration of stay:
30 days (no extension is permitted)

http://www.canada-taiwan.org/english/service/exempt.htm

Now why the hell would you pay for a visa if you get 30 days free anyway?

HG

I’m on a UK passport and got 30 days - no fee - on arrival at CKS recently.

It’s no stuff-up. 14-day landing visas ARE a thing of the past. 30-day now.

But it is ‘visa exempt’ rather than an actual ‘visa’ which means there’s no way to get it extended.

Brian

Stand humbled.

Sorry for any incovenience.

HG