Landlord won’t fix AC

I used to get my previous landlord moving by getting quotations and giving them 10 days to either get it done themselves or I would go with the quotation and deduct from the rent. Like everything here if it hits the fan it will go to arbitration so it’s important to show how you made an effort, it also prevents the “you got ripped off because you’re a foreigner so I’m only paying half” argument as you gave the quote and time to react. Obviously for something like an AC in hot weather reduce the thinking time accordingly.

Not necessarily the case, I got my aircons topped and serviced in July last year without a major wait.

What brand? Name names! People need to know which brands give good service and which ones do not.

Air con is overrated, not needed in Taiwan.

Exposed as reptilian!

4 Likes

Taiyo

I bought a second hand ac inverter unit a few years ago at Xiamen appliance street. Best thing ever as it cut my electric bill to 1/3 and the apt is cool. I knew the landlord would just try to patch and patch…

Was it a split or a window unit?

I’m trying to figure out how much an inverter saves… all inverters does is slow down the compressor when the temperature is closer to your setting but if the unit is properly sized I don’t see what difference it would make. People said it would take years to make back the increased cost.

How much was a used inverter? If I got some money I would buy it at Costco. 20,000 including install and it has heating function.

Split unit. The inverter type is good if you plan to leave it on awhile. If you turn it on and off every few minutes, it won’t help. I spent 25k on a 2.5 ton Hitachi for a 15 ping room and installation was another 10k because I wanted the unit centered and the copper cable tubing is expensive, and the mounted the outdoor part on a shelf off the ground and sheltered by the overhang. They have much cheaper units on 廈門街。