Language Exchange Project: Python x English

Hi, everyone!

I am going to start a very special project, called Language Exchange: Python x English . You might ask a question: What is Python? Python is a very popular computer programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991. What I am gonna do is to find a partner and I will teach him how to use Python in English for free! My native language is Chinese, so I might explain my thought in an informal or inarticulate way. I hope my partner is an English native speaker and he can correct my expression while teaching.

Why do I want to do this project?

Last year, I participated an online course of a University in the United State and I found that I am not good at presenting my mind in English when I am in a meeting with my classmates. I really want to improve my English communicative skills. Although I am still a senior student in college and I am not going to say I’m an expert in Python, I had 2 years of work experience in it. I think Python is one of my specialties. I think I can use my domain knowledge and teach someone who really wants to learn this language or someone who wants to become a software engineer. And I hope they can help me to improve my English at the same time.

1. I want to find 1 partner, and my ideal candidate might be:

2. English native speaker (If you are an English teacher, that will be appreciated!)

3. Have 1-3 hours of free time every week (I am serious about this project. If you are not sure whether you can spare time for this conscientiously, please don’t contact me.)

• NOTE: If you’ve never learned to program before or unfamiliar with coding, it is totally okay. I will try my best to help you! :blush:

How will the project work?

1. 1 by 1 meeting

2. 1 or 2 meetings per week, 1~1.5 hour for each meeting

3. I live in Taipei. If you live in Taipei either, we can meet at some cozy coffee shop, like Starbucks or Louisa.

4. If you aren’t in Taipei, we can do this online as well, with Google Meet or Zoom, etc.

If you are interested in this project, please feel free to mail me and tell me more about yourself! Like what are you from? What’s your native language? Are you an English instructor? How many time can you spend on this per week?..etc. I will pick the most appropriate one as my partner a week later.

My Contact Info:

jet.code21@gmail.com

(I am a new member here. If you send a personal message to me, I might not be able to reply)

4 Likes