Language that should be banned

French Guyana is an Overseas Department of France and an EU Outermost Region, they speak French, use the Euro, have French citizenship, vote for EU elections and have freedom of movement in the EU. So it’s France as much as Corsica.

And French Guyana is the official name to distinguish it from the country of Guyana.

1 Like

It does eXIst in English… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Wrong, I see in Japan (area where I lived before) call Taiwan, ROC or something like that. They also use Taiwan too, but also ROC forms too,=.

Oyster omelettes is China food, thus that name and how many people say it outside of Taiwan since they are not from Taiwan . In Japan the my local Chinese cafe sells it and the boss proud that his hometown is near where it was from. Oyster omelettes is not native Taiwan food, like Pizza in America imported food Americanized like Pizza Hut. So sometimes I see you name think your from where oyster omelettes are from (Southern China)

:rofl::rofl: We’re talking about the national team. No one calls baseball teams ROC.

1 Like

For those of you who don’t habla español, it says Daeman which means Taiwan.

Oyster omelettes are from Hokkien. They speak the same language as in Taiwan there.

Yes, It’s not the Taiwanese who want to be known internationally as Chinese Taipei. It’s China who forces their will on these Int’l organizations to do so.

1 Like

I would ban Chinese altogether.

2 Likes

Offical web site Japanese, uses Chinese Taipei, media also uses Chinese term, they also use Taiwan sometimes. Where in Japan do you see only use Taiwan
[チャイニーズ・タイペイ | 大会出場チーム | 2023 WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC™ (wbc2023.jp)](

JPN media uses both
[チャイニーズ・タイペイ | WBC | J SPORTS【公式】]

The official site HAS to use Chinese Taipei. It’s significant that when they don’t have to, sometimes they use Taiwan. Taiwan doesn’t always have to, but they still do.

It means Taiwan is a colony of China, like American Samoa, British Virgin Islands, French Polynesia, or Dutch West Indies.

1 Like
  1. The official name based on the 1971 agreement brokered by FIFA, AFC and IOC is Chinese Taipei national team.
  2. That is the proper Taiwan pronunciation. A jumble of Wade Giles and Tongyong.

Yes, it could mean that. Or it could also just mean it’s a part of China, which is technically true. (The Republic of China, not the People’s Republic of China).

Anyway, doesn’t it bother anyone that it’s “Chinese Taipei” instead of “Chinese Taiwan”? Why isn’t anyone talking about that?

No one ever had to say American New York, or British Landon.

Apparently Taiwan was offered the chance to use ‘Taiwan’ back in the '70s but CKS’s son absolutely refused to use it as he demanded the right to China. Chinese Taipei was offered as a compromise and accepted by him at the time.

So it could have been Taiwan if it wasn’t for the KMT still thinking they would go back to China and take over there again.

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2008/08/05/2003419446

2 Likes

Yes and no. Taiwan has appeared in the Olympics using the name Taiwan (1964 and 1968). Taiwan has also appeared in the Olympics using the name Formosa (1960).

So Taiwan had the opportunity to stay in the IOC using the name Taiwan. CKS and his son also hadn’t always refused it, but they hated it to the point that CCK rejected Taiwan and insisted on using Chinese Taipei himself.

2 Likes

What a shame that they didn’t continue with it then.

1 Like

To that I agree. Specifically because it is the PRC that dictates the use of Chinese Taipei so that all the international sheeple, and domestic, that bow down to the slave whippers in china, never consider the standardized normal name for the country “Taiwan”. it is unacceptable in today’s age to cowar to such atrocity, at least fromthe perspective of decency, freedom, peace, morals, ethics and so on. From a power hungry dictatorship perspective, I see the arguments they suggest.

Taiwan. As it was decades ago, but I digress. common sense. always known, yet never enacted :face_vomiting:

1 Like

indeed, the taiwanese government had its fair share in sabotaging Taiwans future. But, it was a different time then when.they thought they owned china still. heck, give Taiwan China and the attitudes might change. might. hard sell to want what they have been forced to accept. I wonder if that’s where the real Taiwan gets its cautionary lifestyle, in regards to government corruption and uselessness, from. the government from china, that ran this place, fucked this island far harder than the US did by indian giving egotistical retardedness… but 2 wrongs dont make a right. mid 20th century and 21st century are as different as 20th century and 19th century. it would serve [the world] us well if the internationally governing bodies recognized this fairly simplistic reality.

1 Like

No reason we can’t start, at least until the same respect is reciprocated :innocent: