Laptop repair

Got an out of warranty Lenovo laptop with a broken keyboard. Lenovo would charge NT$6k for the repair, which is not really worth it.

Already disassembled it and have the replacement keyboard ready, but I’m stuck with yet another set of screws for which I don’t have the right screwdriver. Honestly also a bit fed up with the whole screwing around.

Does anyone have a trusted repairman at Guanghua or elsewhere who could finish the job? (Take the disassembled laptop and replacement keyboard, put in the new keyboard and put it all together again.)

At Guanghua Electronic Plaza (near the well-known Guanghua Digital Plaza) there is C.P.R. Crazy Phone Repair. That repair should be super easy for them.

It is in B2 floor, booth B2-11. They are open from 18:00 (till 22:00 if I recall correctly)

3 Likes

Hey! Say the words!

@marco sent you.

2 Likes

Thanks, @olm @Marco

1 Like

No probs. I’d reassemble it myself, but I’m still rather tied up recently.

I went to the guy at the top of gunghua for an easy repair and it was cheap and quick.

Long time ago I bought a set of these ‘mysterious’ screwdrivers with all kinds of heads never seen before.

*laughs in Canadian

1 Like

Ah yes, the ol’ Robertson and inevitable attempt to undo it by jabbing a flathead in there at a weird angle

1 Like

Yay! Somebody got it!

I love the Robertson.

1 Like

You can blame Ford for the mystery! I believe the inventor sold Ford an exclusive licence or something such that it blocked Robertson’s use in the United States. Or so the fable goes

I heard even many consumer electronics use weird screw heads now to discourage self repair.