Large Majority of Americans Want Voter ID Laws

I’m sorry, who’s changing laws? Last I checked, a bunch of Republican states rammed a bunch of highly restrictive laws with regards to voting after the most secure election in history. And since no one from the GOP has been able to come forth with evidence to the contrary, and one person even said on national TV that republicans would never win another election if they didn’t do this…

1 Like

My hot take is that if you don’t have the wherewithal to go get a government ID voting probably isn’t that important to you

2 Likes

NY State now has the Empire Pass or some thing for folks who have gotten their vaccines. But, walk into a voting place, say a name, get a card and go vote. Last I knew it was a secret ballot, as in you didn’t have to tell anyone who you voted for, not an anonymous ballot where they didn’t really know who you were.

1 Like

Republicans?

1 Like

HR1 and S1 is the most massive proposed changes in voting laws in my lifetime. Perhaps you should read up on it. It makes it mandatory for states to allow convicted pedophiles and murders to be able to vote after they get out of jail. It makes it possible for illegal immigrants to get registered automatically, which is especially dangerous if a state doesn’t take too much care to prevent it. It would contradict Supreme Court rulings on election laws. It is a simple power grab to reduce state’s rights, increase the power of the federal government, and undermine the integrity of elections in such a way to improperly favor Democrats.

In other words, you don’t like democracy when it yields undesired outcomes, so best limit voting rights. The way those things are strawman phrased above is laughable. That’s not what this law says at all. its the libertarian rabbit hole interpretation.

How will the authoritarian-friendly, anti-democratic right ever solve this problem? This demographic is only headed the other way more and more.

1 Like

What’s wrong with them voting?

3 Likes

Strangely enough though, he’s on board with the new georgia law that allows the state to take over county election boards in his state, despite baseless stolen election claims. :wink:

2 Likes

The question is what’s wrong with allowing a state to decide for itself whether pedophiles and murderers should be able to vote?

1 Like

Cause voting is a human right. Not a privilege.

The government shouldn’t be deciding which citizens can and can’t vote.

3 Likes

Nope. That’s just you. You having a discussion with a news article. I suppose it is nearly the same as having a human friend. You get to stage both parts. Bravo.

1 Like

Felony disenfranchisement is constitutional in the US.

I know. It doesn’t mean I agree with it.

I only believe in true universal suffrage.

Murderers and pedos don’t deserve human rights.

Voting is more of a privilege anyways.

1 Like

Why not? Are they not human?

1 Like

Not anymore

What makes them not human? Did their DNA change?

1 Like

I’m not going to debate the obvious.